Does anyone know what the duties Ayuntamiento?

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
Since I arrived here and been to Ayuntamiento several times, does anyone know what are the duties, and obligation for this town. Most employee seems to sit aroun in their office, drink coffee, and socilized. Here is one office that many citizen fear placing a ligitimate complain against certain wealthy individuals, who due to wealth get more consideration than the average, citizen. While there an older gentleman, voice his fear of retaliation, from a neighbor/menber or public employee and refused to give his name. Someone had taken posession of any alley and fenced in, mind you that land seems to be his property. Why I wounder has a legal violation commited within city limits not been notice by the city agency that is supposed to drive and notice changes within city streets.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Since I arrived here and been to Ayuntamiento several times, does anyone know what are the duties, and obligation for this town. Most employee seems to sit aroun in their office, drink coffee, and socilized. Here is one office that many citizen fear placing a ligitimate complain against certain wealthy individuals, who due to wealth get more consideration than the average, citizen. While there an older gentleman, voice his fear of retaliation, from a neighbor/menber or public employee and refused to give his name. Someone had taken posession of any alley and fenced in, mind you that land seems to be his property. Why I wounder has a legal violation commited within city limits not been notice by the city agency that is supposed to drive and notice changes within city streets.

I'm sure that the situation is just as you describe. These things happen.If the local citizens are not willing to make a strong protest, I am afraid there is not much you, an outsider, can do to change what is going on.

mariaobetsanov

Jan 2, 2002
It so happens that I was born here, It seems to be a curse to be born Dominican. That why so many are taking their chances by jumping into a boat heading away from here, this is a sinking ship with too many dishonest public employees. When you take a job you agree to work for your salary, no matter what it is. Its seems to be the mafia mentallity. get what you can and run for your life when the other party come into office, just in case that the crime committed might stick.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
You MAY have been born here but I would suggest you are still considered an outsider. If you weren't, you would most likely be laying back & accepting the woes of the country like your kinsfolk. Might I suggest that your fervor to get things changed be better channeled into the local & National press where you can influence & galvanise your contemporaries into some action rather than us 'Fuddy-Duddy' Ex-Pats who ARE outsiders & normally considered interferer's if we get involved in politics?!

I wish you good luck on your clean up campaign - it has been like this for 50 years or so & it isn't going to change drastically in my (or your) life time. ~ Grahame.