Does instability in Haiti threaten that of the Dominican Republic

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Any aid ever given to Haiti has been wasted. Why would any new aid change anything there?

Does the instability in Haiti threaten the DR? Can you say "Dumb Question?"

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Like I said, carrot and stick. Here's $10mil. Show me what you did with it in 6 months for another $10mil. If I'm happy with it, you get another $10 mil. We keep going like this for a long time.
It cannot possibly work.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Agree with the FM in principle, but you can't throw good money after bad. As long as Moise is in charge, they should get nothing.

Any aid given Haiti should come with multiple strings. Clean up your act!

As long as _______________ (fill in the blank) is in charge, they should get nothing.
The same has been said since ________________ (fill in the blank).
I have spent the better part of the last hour trying to find the last "successful" leader of Haiti.
I have been unable to find a single one, dating back to Toussaint Louverture.
Perhaps another member of the community can correct me.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
As long as _______________ (fill in the blank) is in charge, they should get nothing.
The same has been said since ________________ (fill in the blank).
I have spent the better part of the last hour trying to find the last "successful" leader of Haiti.
I have been unable to find a single one, dating back to Toussaint Louverture.
Perhaps another member of the community can correct me.

As stated earlier, we thought Aristide was going to be the answer. He was not. He was just as corrupt as the others, the exception being he wore a Roman collar.

But the point is not to give up and throw in the towel. There are 11 million people there, most of them good folks. I absolutely refuse to quit on Haiti. We have to keep trying and I will do whatever I can to help.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
As stated earlier, we thought Aristide was going to be the answer. He was not. He was just as corrupt as the others, the exception being he wore a Roman collar.

But the point is not to give up and throw in the towel. There are 11 million people there, most of them good folks. I absolutely refuse to quit on Haiti. We have to keep trying and I will do whatever I can to help.

But, you choose to reside in RD as you do so.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
True. I'm retired and old. I like some creature comforts. And the DR is close enough to go back and forth if I choose to.
The individual who challenged you on that is all talk. And can't even be bothered to travel and see things in the Dominican Republic for himself. If he wants someone to put skin in the game it should start with the man in his mirror and in his own country of origin.

• Sad
Reactions: johne