Does the DR fail to use rebar in most of its construction like Haiti?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Cement or Concrete

Pay attention, folks. ^^^Chip^^^ knows what he is talking about.

And from what I see, the better builders will use an actual gas-powered cement mixer and use a proper mix formula, and not just spread the materials on the ground.

I am no engineer but one of my first jobs back in the day was construction in Canada. We used cement for light stuff , but concrete was used for structures. I havent really taken the time to watch them mix here, but the cement powder mixed with water and then a aggregate usually of the gravel variety is used. This gives the cement integrity defined as concrete. Excuse my ignorance but is this not what is being done here because that mix ratio is vital as well. Am I wrong?

wimbleton

Apr 15, 2009
I can only say that in tourist areas most canadian and american contractors say they are amazed at how much steel dominicans use in construction,....also good point who stated above that mixing the columns with soupy mix to ensure easy columns containment without needing to shake or vibrate normal mixture thickness,causes weakness to very important structure points.....you must be on site ,and you must take control