Dog poisoner caight red-handed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Is there a reason (however unjustified) that somebody kills dogs?

In our case, the boxer was killed because she kept the 'neighbors' from coming onto our property to steal lemons, mangos, plantanos, avocados, etc., from our many trees. They keep cutting through the fences. We had a confrontation recently with one guy who cut the fence at the rear of the property so his 3 cows could graze on our property. They ate a bunch of new trees we had just planted. The dog would chase them out, so a poisoned meatball takes care of that problem for them. How sad is that? The rottie in SD scared the neighborhood - she wasn't a barker unless someone she didn't know came near the gate to the back yard. My husband thinks someone wanted to rob the house, it happened right after we left to come home and he says the neighborhood knows we brought 'stuff' down. We bought a new rottie pup immediately and hope it doesn't happen again.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
Probably a good idea to train the new pup to only eat from a particular dog bowl. So even if someone throws poison meat over the fence it wont touch it. Yes people who return home from abroad are often targets.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Probably a good idea to train the new pup to only eat from a particular dog bowl. So even if someone throws poison meat over the fence it wont touch it. Yes people who return home from abroad are often targets.

Excellent idea Thandie. I've never seen a city like SD where everyone knows everything that's going on around them. No one misses a beat. Not much privacy in that respect. We usually ship big boxes or plastic drums filled with heavy items about 6 weeks before we go down, and my in-laws always have to be vigilant after it arrives because the whole neighborhood knows it is there.

Thandie

Bronze
Nov 27, 2007
We usually ship big boxes or plastic drums filled with heavy items about 6 weeks before we go down, and my in-laws always have to be vigilant after it arrives because the whole neighborhood knows it is there.

Yes you can miss that sense of privacy and freedom....with everyones eyes in your business. lol
But unfortunately you need to be vigilant even more so if you are returning, travel back and forth a lot and especially when you are sending barrels back....thats like Christmas for thieves. Your husband was probably right.
My mom, sister and I were involved in a home invasion (in another island) and they distracted the dogs by giving it a tin of sardines with holes punched in the top. So the dogs were busy trying to get at the food and they broke one dogs leg. My mom heard the dogs barking but didnt get up to check because the dogs barked at nothing alot at night, like most peoples dogs.
Thankfully my mom is one tough cookie and slept with a bottle of acid at he foot of her bed, that she threw on the robbers faces.
We found out later that the robbers were heard talking about the big box from Canada they had seen me with when I arrived. They see everything.

Take the time and/or invest the money to get your new pup well trained.
Only eat from its feeding bowl and trained to only bark when there is something serious to bark about, to alert you and possibly scare a robber away.

Across the Caribbean, drug abuse is causing an increase crimes.

Everyone stay safe.

Freefallfatty

Gone sailing!
Apr 20, 2009
I hope she gets what's coming to her, but I have the feeling you will be looked at with 'it is just a dog' kind of attitude. If you do need to take this on yourselves I would be sure not to talk about it, online or down the pub. Just do it and leave it at that. I am surprised a Gringa did the deads, you would think she would know better than to poison a mans dog and expect to get away with it.
Good luck with everything and I hope you can get over the loss and move on.

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005

pm me i you want me to teach your dog food refusal. I'll be over in july

Greetings

Johan

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Has the roaming dog pack problem in Costambar been addressed yet. Maybe the RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERS should get together and deal with the IRRESPONSABLE DOG OWNERS that let their dogs run free. All dog owners sould be mindfull that the abundance of dog feces poses a health risk. Now how many of you police up your your dog's poop?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I agree that what happened to this dog was reprehensible but can we please stop the more extreme threats - even if meant in jest. Prosecution - fine. Poisoning and killing - no.

It could end up harming the OP's case. My sympathies by the way.

Last edited:

sueeng3

May 5, 2008
Let the law deal with it they do frown on people who throw poison down, my 3 dogs were poisoned last year, i was very lucky that they all lived, the police caught the people who were doing it and they got 15 years in jail so juctice was done in my case,i hope the outcome is the same in your case too if she did it she should pay the price !!

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Let the law deal with it they do frown on people who throw poison down, my 3 dogs were poisoned last year, i was very lucky that they all lived, the police caught the people who were doing it and they got 15 years in jail so juctice was done in my case,i hope the outcome is the same in your case too if she did it she should pay the price !!

15 years in jail eh. Lets see how do I put this delicately?

You're lying.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002

What?...15 years for poisoning dogs? Was this in The DR? I would doubt it since people there get a couple of years tops for killing a person.

I don't condone killing animals of any kind, but let's be honest a lot (if not most) dog owners are a pain and typically act like smokers who don't really care about the effect their habit / pet has on the lives of other people (i.e. I live near a college here in The US and I hate to take a walk around because there's always some a$$wipe walking his/her pitbull, Rotweiler, etc.) These aren't dogs to have in public.

sueeng3

May 5, 2008
You have the right to think that but i can tell you now i am not, but the good thing is i know ffritz and his wife very very well, they were about at the time it happend so they know it too be true, have a look on his gymbar blog his first post about the poisoning states also about them getting 15 years, but hey if you dont want to beleive it thats up to you

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
You have the right to think that but i can tell you now i am not, but the good thing is i know ffritz and his wife very very well, they were about at the time it happend so they know it too be true, have a look on his gymbar blog his first post about the poisoning states also about them getting 15 years, but hey if you dont want to beleive it thats up to you
Was that in dog years?:ermm:

Reactions: drloca

Freefallfatty

Gone sailing!
Apr 20, 2009

It is a little difficult to believe they gave that kind of sentence out, yet alone the fact your dogs weren't killed. What exactly was the charge they layed on them to get that kind of time?
Surely they were mixed up in other crime to get 15 years. It doesn't add up for giving your dogs an upset stomach. If it is true then great result and I expect you will be advising this victim about how you got such a result. Even if it was a miscarriage on the courts part.
I can't see a Gringa getting sent down for this, hell would stir up for miscarriage of justice from her mother country. A few hours community service maybe.

sueeng3

May 5, 2008
Upset stomach !!!!!! i dont think so, one of my dogs went to hell and back and still suffers now 15 months later, you would have to ask the judge if there was anything else they were charged with as i dont know, what i do know is that she took the time out to look at where it had been thrown, your prob right that a gringa wont get the same but she should, a toddler lives in the condos where ffritzs dog was killed it could have been a whole lot worse

peteclaffey

Apr 30, 2006
Hi Mark , did the watchyman explain the delay in relating the happenings to you ? I hope he is 100% sure of what he saw and is not influenced by the sizable reward you offered , I hope he is sure because then I will know that our many dog owning friends in Costambar will sleep a little easier . Pete & Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.