dominican AI more expensive than in other countries

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I find the resorts in Dr are at least 10 times better than anything in cuba....better food, better activities, better service better everything

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I find the resorts in Dr are at least 10 times better than anything in cuba....better food, better activities, better service better everything

luckily, you are just one guy. thousands of other people who have spent time in the better hotels in Cuba will beg to differ. in which hotels did you stay?

mustang88

Jun 19, 2010
luckily, you are just one guy. thousands of other people who have spent time in the better hotels in Cuba will beg to differ. in which hotels did you stay?

i and my family are a.i vacationers..........3 times cuba,5 times mexico,9 times d.r............we target smaller older 4 stars due to budget and i guess we like the intimacy that a 400 room of less resort offers...........we have found that mexico ranks first, d.r. a close second, and last and least liked cuba.......there are shortages in cuba that make every meal a surprise.........things do not get fixed there ..........the d.r has better food and service , and the mexican resorts seem to have better amenities at a slightly higher price........................i am sad that the north coast resorts seem not to be re investing to update their properties to keep them in viable competition with the newer competitors on the market...........................one mans experience....hope this helps

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i and my family are a.i vacationers..........3 times cuba,5 times mexico,9 times d.r............we target smaller older 4 stars due to budget and i guess we like the intimacy that a 400 room of less resort offers...........we have found that mexico ranks first, d.r. a close second, and last and least liked cuba.......there are shortages in cuba that make every meal a surprise.........things do not get fixed there ..........the d.r has better food and service , and the mexican resorts seem to have better amenities at a slightly higher price........................i am sad that the north coast resorts seem not to be re investing to update their properties to keep them in viable competition with the newer competitors on the market...........................one mans experience....hope this helps

well, as i said, you are one guy. the constant theme in the reviews about Cuba is the service. everyone judges it as being great. the food shortages i can understand.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
well, as i said, you are one guy. the constant theme in the reviews about Cuba is the service. everyone judges it as being great. the food shortages i can understand.
Now you have said "you are one guy " twice. the list will grow. I have been all over Cuba to many resorts. 25 visits in 10 years and I can tell you that I was not going for the great hotel food and service. Always for the lower prices and other special services.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Now you have said "you are one guy " twice. the list will grow. I have been all over Cuba to many resorts. 25 visits in 10 years and I can tell you that I was not going for the great hotel food and service. Always for the lower prices and other special services.

maybe you are getting what you pay for.