Dominican Bobsled Team

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Ok, so I've been trying to write a scritp for a fictional movie about a Dominican Bobsled Team (not really, just trying to pass the time), and could use some Help. This is where I'm at:

The premise:
A middle aged Canadian woman, who once was a sports trainer, goes on vacation to the DR. At her resort, she meets a resort worker who begins to "woo" her. They begin to talk about each other's dreams, the Canadian woman mentions how she always wanted to win a medal in bobsledding in the olympics, but seems her chances are running out. The resort worker, claims to be an athlete, and that he can help her accomplish her dreams. She agrees, but explains she needs 3 more "athletes." The worker explains he is well known in the "athlete" community, and can help find some. A few days later, the worker rounds up a motley crew of "athletes" to begin training for the bobsledding, with the end goal of participitating in the 2010 Vancouver winter Olympics. Eventually they make it.

Here is where I need your help, the goings of what happens in the DR and in Canada.
So far here are somethings I would like to highlight about what could happen:
- They cristen their sled "Skim Ice" - which would also be the title of the movie
- Once in the land of rubias, at least 2 of the "athletes" find "true" love
- One of the athletes could mysteriously disappear right after arriving to Canada, making the team needing to find a replacement
- They place well in the competition, but get disqualified for using performance enhancing drugs
- One of the athletes goes back home, can't stand the cold.

These are just a few ideas, please help me develope it further!!! I'll be sure to add your handle to the credits.

Suggestions for actors would also be good.

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Of course, but I think a dominican version would be equally if not more funny than the Jamaican version. It would sorta be something like Cool Runnings meets Sanky Panky meets the Wrong Stuff.

heldengebroed

Bronze
Mar 9, 2005
Why not a flashy sled with black lights etc but no skates

and the brakeman didn't bother to get in the sled because there was a beauty laughing at him at the start

Bok

Mar 13, 2004
And a boom box

And a tape for the boom box with sound of a moto with no muffler. It'll sound awesome coming down the pipe with 125 kph (they think).

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
and because one of the team members is an ex-guagua conductor, everytime they pass spectators during their runs, he will yell "VILLAMELLA-VILLAMELLA-VILLAMELLA-VILLAMELLA !"

TheHun

May 4, 2008
-They would disqualify from the race because the face shield on their helmet is tinted over the legal limit.
-After an accidently roll-over they would try to hitch-hike and finish the race with the following team.
-They would make a sudden stop on the middle of the track to check out one of the hot chick among the fans, or perhaps buying an avocado or a phone card.
-They would blame their poor performance on malnutrition. There was no rice and beens on the menu.
Upon their return:
-They would all drive Hummers
-They would set up a ski and sledge shop in the DR because this is the latest, coolest thing in the US. They would make a good living out of it.
-Some will lose everything, even their medals on rooster fights.