Dominican Customs

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Our maid irons in her bare feet but she won't open the fridge after she's done the ironing.

My boyfriend won't allow me to open the fridge or run the cold water when I'm cooking because I'll die. And he won't take a shower or go swimming when he's too hot because he'll die... Apparently it has to do with hot/cold temperature differences. If that was the case I'd die every day during the winter in Canada when I walk out of my house into the minus 30 degree weather :cheeky:

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Sounds like you can handle the problem at hand!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Why do Dominican women insist on waiting a minimum of two months after having a baby to have sex again?

Well gee....I don't know? You try squeezing something the size of a watermelon out a hole the size of a lime and then tell me if you feel like having sex? Or going through that process again any time soon? Most doctors avise waiting 6 weeks to allow everything down there time to heal...for some women, who may not be receiving the same medical care we have in North America etc... it kind of makes sense to wait. Besides that, a woman is extremely fertile immediately following birth because all those eggs that were stored up during her 9 months of missed periods have to go somewhere. LOL

ontheland

Mar 4, 2011
Yes Mike MINE???? hahahahha

If it rains on a wedding day it is because the bride was eating straight out of the cooking pot.

If the tail of a lizard falls off you have to curse at it, if you don't it's cursing you.

ontheland

Mar 4, 2011
When a baby has the hiccups you have to put a piece of wet thread on their forehead to stop it. With mums spit works the best...

first day of woman's period and her hair not yours..... happy now???? hahahaha

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
My boyfriend won't allow me to open the fridge or run the cold water when I'm cooking because I'll die. And he won't take a shower or go swimming when he's too hot because he'll die... Apparently it has to do with hot/cold temperature differences. If that was the case I'd die every day during the winter in Canada when I walk out of my house into the minus 30 degree weather :cheeky:

Thats what I am saying. People all over the world do the same thing but in the DR you cant get expose yourself to any cold after you have been hot because you will die. And then they come to NY and say I cant people live in this cold. And the 1st thing they want to do it get hot. Haha!

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
when i was pregnant my husband was upset with me because i would watch anything on tv,scary movies etc..,apparently it would affect the foetus.my mother in law who is living with us in england think that's the reason for so many disabled child here and i think she is so wrong!!
also after i gave birth i took the baby outside for a walk one week after i gave birth.
something you could not imagine over there as the women need to stay in for 40 days.
he was impressed how strong i was lol

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
When I was pregnant with our daughter, I crouched down on bent knees/squatted to talk to our 2 yr old son....and my mother-in-law got very upset because she said that would cause a miscarriage......

And that thread on the forehead for hiccuping babies.....my husband just did that to our grandson recently.....:cheeky:

You can take the man out of SD, but you can't take SD outta the man....

AE

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
1) It is to get into her pants.
2) Ironing and fridges...totally related to poor wiring, not hot/cold

HB

Gordon Gekko

Nov 2, 2005
1) It is to get into her pants.
2) Ironing and fridges...totally related to poor wiring, not hot/cold

HB

Actually, it is because of hot/cold (I think you're right that poor wiring may still be a factor or the source of the issue). If people expose themselves to abrupt changes in temperature, mostly going from high body temperature to low temperature environments or going barefoot, they are at risk of "pasmarse."

From what I gather, "pasmarse" is related to or the same as suffering a stroke (at least in terms of the "side effects.")

There's a lot of good/entertaining information here. I wasn't aware of many of them.

:)