dominican driving licence abroad

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
When I had an open wound after the debridement of the crush injury to my leg, the trauma surgeon at Clinica Brugal in Puerto Plata dressed the wound with honey. When I got to the US, the doctors there described the wound as extremely clean, so honey does actually work.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
When I landed at Gatwick a few years ago I went to Eurocar to pick up my rental, to find out that the astute employee at Eurocar told me that my UK license had expired! I thought my license was valid until my 75th birthday and I was 40 then! What I failed to realize that the newer photo licenses do have an expiry date on them.

I was screwed as my whole itinerary in England depended on me having my own wheels.

I produced my Dominican license which was valid and handed it to him, but I do admit to being very doubtful he would accept it. But to my amazement he did!

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
No problem using your Dominican driving license to hire a car at London Heathrow.

Just used it...asked first.....Europcar.....and the receptionist said it would be quicker for her to complete the formalities using the DR license rather than my UK one. Used my DR address on the license and they wanted copy of my passport and off I went.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
When I had an open wound after the debridement of the crush injury to my leg, the trauma surgeon at Clinica Brugal in Puerto Plata dressed the wound with honey. When I got to the US, the doctors there described the wound as extremely clean, so honey does actually work.

Profe
did you use this special honey or just local from the store?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Profe's situation was severe..... really severe

If honey worked for her, it'll work for any of us get !!!

Good to know.