Dominican Elections 2012

Who do you think will win the elections in May?

• Total voters
Jul 4, 2010
Haha...being that the witch doctors are from SJDM they were probably paid off by Felix "El Gato" Bautista. They say he's got the that whole area from SJDM to Puerto Prince in his pockets. He's become the Amable Aristy of the Western part of the island.

Being a regular visitor to SJDM, with extensive relatives in the region, I can safely say that "El Gato" Bautista is not very popular in his home province.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Speaking of Amable every time I see a red helicopter I think of salamis from heaven.

Was anybody ever killed by a pollo congelao tossed from Amable's helicopter?

drvolunteer

Banned
Jul 15, 2011
I cannot emphasize enough on the importance of movements such as Bipol?tica and Naiboa
Take a moment to view these videos, I am sure most of you agree with the statements:

Ningun Candidato Sera el Cambio, El Cambio Esta En Nosotros - El Pueblo Decide!

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
As the election is nearing, I read the current poll here and see DR1ers feel 75% in favor of Danilo.

The surveys i see seem to be much closer, some even feel Hipolito is leading. Could he actually pull it off? Anything is possible here and one must wonder, especially expats living here-how will this affect life in the DR.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Well most ex-pats live in a little bit of a bubble, so no surprise there. From my own un-scientific poll I think it's going to be very close, but Medina will pull it off in the end...and again as I have said before expect some trouble as the losing party will refuse to accept the results specially if it happens in the first round.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I voted "Other" as in I think it will be so close that the 2% for third party candidates will not allow a decision in the first round.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I voted "Other" as in I think it will be so close that the 2% for third party candidates will not allow a decision in the first round.

That will just prolong the agony. Do you really want to keep this political season going longer than it needs to?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Does anyone really win?

That will just prolong the agony. Do you really want to keep this political season going longer than it needs to?
Almost nobody else outside of the inner circle of the winning party wins regardless of who wins the election. Is Robert still committed to leaving the DR if Hipo wins? Regardless of who wins it appears there will be a 2% increase in the ITIBIS from 16% to 18%, electricity rates will go up about 18%, almost everyone owning property will start to pay property taxes, there will be a tax on ATM withdrawals and interest in bank accounts and CDs will face a new tax. But I could be wrong on all of that.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
NALs, how about a prediction poll where DR1ers choose who wins and by how much?

Like:
Danilo 6+
Danilo 3-6
Danilo 0-3
Hippo 0-3
Hippo 3-6
Hippo 6+

And have DR1ers post what they predict...

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
The only reason why the PRD calls the rulling party "los come solos" is because they are not invited to the feast....lol

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
i HAD A "GRINGO" FRIEND WHO WAS NOT GOOD AT DOMINICAN SPANISH,HE ALWAYS SAID,"Toto Bien"? and not "Todo Bien"?
I ALWAYS SAID "SI" TO THE FORMER, AND "NO" TO THE LATTER!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC