Saturday September 12 07:00PM
Wednesday September 16 03:00PM
Saturday September 19 05:00PM

See the trailer and buy tickets here:
Tiff 2009 - Soga

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Margaret...it says tickets arent available to the public until September 4th...do you have any connections??;)

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Margaret...it says tickets arent available to the public until September 4th...do you have any connections??;)

OMG the packages sold out so fast! (I'm not going to see 50 films... ) I'm checking around, I wrote a member of DR1 who is promoting it. Hopefully he will post here. ;) When do you want to go?

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I would need to quit my job to go and see 50 movies;).

( I have sent you a pm, thanks)

carold

Feb 17, 2004
I got my tickets for the first showing. I know lot's of people from the Dominican community are coming out to support the film. This is one of the first films filmed in DR tha is appearing at the Toronto Festival. I went last year to see Sugar; good movie and great actor (first time acting).

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I thought last nights screening of "La Soga" was excellent.

The "Q and A" session afterwards was very interesting as the main actors were all present, as were some of the directors.

I wish them success and hope it makes it to the big screen.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Yes it was really super. Lots of action, contradictions and depth of character. I was startled, I swore, I found myself identifying with a paid assassin. Look for it and go see it! It's a good film and a great story.

Also there's a very sensitive performance by the young child actor who they found in the Manny Perez's old neighbourhood.

perlanegra

Feb 4, 2005
La Soga in Los Angeles!

A good friend of mine watched La Soga movie in Los Angeles and this is his review:

Senores,

Ayer tuve la oportunidad de ver ?La Soga? una pelicula Dominicana en el festival internacional de cine de Los Angeles en el Mann theater en Hollywood.

?La Soga? es una pelicula muy buena y que como Dominicano yo me siento muy orgulloso de un gran talento cineasta aun los recursos con tan limitados de nuestra isla. El elenco de Many Perez, Juan Fernandez, Henry Madera (tres Dominicanos) y otros colaboradores estuvo fuera de serie. Una de las mejores, sino la mejor de este festival.