Dominican legislators reject US Embassy migratory alert

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I don't know but I could find out. He seemed to either be by himself or was the only vocal one in his group. As I write this, he had to be with others because he was cuffed and someone else did the vid. This was in the back of a police truck.
It would be interesting to see a video of the entire interaction. Down here, just being a smartass with an attitude could be enough to get you a free night in the carcel.

Reactions: Big and NanSanPedro

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
If 🇩🇴 's perceive the 🇺🇲 to have unfavorable views towards them...why do so many want to goto the 🇺🇲❓
😂

Because it is a fight between two governments (fact) and not against the 🇩🇴 people in general (my opinion).
And 🇩🇴's know this.

Reference is made to post #56
Yes, and the same thing applies here.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
She doesnt work? In my normal saturday routine I went to Santiago. Lots of Haitians on the streets, shopping, selling and working. I observed no cowering. She was not deported regardless of horrible getting lockup is.
It's none of your business whether she works or not. I've already given you full details of her family background. I wish you would stop being so disbelieving and argumentative. I am telling you what I KNOW, no what I see on the streets.

Reactions: johne

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It's none of your business whether she works or not. I've already given you full details of her family background. I wish you would stop being so disbelieving and argumentative. I am telling you what I KNOW, no what I see on the streets.
Has anyone else in her family or amongst her friends have this happen, or has she been a unique case? That it happened to her once is believable, more than once, not so much.

• Angry
Reactions: johne

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
No, it is just a convenient excuse to pressure DR to accept the third country condition for retention of the surge in Haitian boatpeople that is expected to make a go at FL on the next months now that the gangs have eased their hold on those country's ports. The fact that you normies continue to gloss over this is beyond depressing by itself.
Come on Naked_Snake, I'm having a hard time believing the assumption that you didn't notice this before from various members. :rolleyes:

On another note, I'll post here what I recently posted on another part of this site since it's relevant here too.

That's the case of most Haitians living in the DR, even the ones that went through the regularization plan from a few years ago. The main problem was that to keep their regularized status, they needed to renew and the vast majority didn't. Not renewing meant returning to illegality. I assume that the Haitians that regularized during the regularization plan kept their papers that implies they are legal in the country even though most of those papers are now void due to not renewing.

The same yearly renewance is applied to the Venezuelans that regularized in later years as the government put a regulrization plan just for them. It will be interesting to see how many of the regularized Venezuelans renew and doesn't relegade to illegal status.

The declaration about how most Haitians that regularized during the regularization plan became illegal again by not renewing is said multiple times in multiple interviews by the former Director of Migración, Enríque García. Here is one of those, this one from July 29, 2021. Unfortunately for most DR1ers since they don't know Spanish except a few words such as "una cerveza por favor" (and many not even that), this is in Spanish only and the subtitles can be activated, but from what I can tell they too are available in Spanish only.

3:16 - 5:08

If this is the case, that almost all Haitians in the DR are illegal for not renewing the papers they received during the regularization plan, DR1ers are implying that Migración and other authorities when presented these papers by Haitians, to pretend those papers are legal even though they are seeing the papers are expired and void?

By the way, until very recently even Dominican birth certificates had expiration dates and that was for everybody. Having an expired birth certificate was like having nothing since anyone in the government was authorized to accept the non-expired ones which was given upon asking for them at the corresponding government entity.

Reactions: Naked_Snake

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Come on Naked_Snake, I'm having a hard time believing the assumption that you didn't notice this before from various members. :rolleyes:

On another note, I'll post here what I recently posted on another part of this site since it's relevant here too.
I tend to assume good faith on the part of most foreign posters here, my bad.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Has anyone else in her family or amongst her friends have this happen, or has she been a unique case? That it happened to her once is believable, more than once, not so much.
Again, you keep asking personal details which I am not obliged to tell you, but her parents are dead, one sister is living in Germany and the other is in San Pedro de Macoris, apparently not venturing out more than necessary. OK? Is that enough information for you?

I find it offensive that you do not believe what I am saying.

You take the title from a person from Cabarete who is not posting here any more for the most argumentative person who always has to have the last word.

Reactions: johne and slowmo

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
From the very beginning of that regularization plan, I always thought that renewal would be a problem for many Haitians. Temporary residency renewal costs about 15,000 pesos in total, plus transportation, food and lodging. That's a lot of money for the average Haitian.

Reactions: drstock

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
From the very beginning of that regularization plan, I always thought that renewal would be a problem for many Haitians. Temporary residency renewal costs about 15,000 pesos in total, plus transportation, food and lodging. That's a lot of money for the average Haitian.
That is more expensive than the RD$12,000 this Listin Diario article from December 2021 mentions as the amount Haitians pay to border authorities in order to bribe their way into the DR. They are quoting the amount said by a deported Haitian.

According to the ENIGH of Immigrants, the average earnings of someone of Haitian origin in the DR (not Haitian immigrants) is about RD$6,800 a month, which yearly amounts to RD$81,600. It doesn't say how many have multiple jobs and as such (the "pluriempleo" is quite normalized among Dominicans, so I can't fathom this is not very ubiquos among Haitians and their descendants in the DR), perceive multiple incomes. It also doesn't say how many working people has each Haitian household in the DR.

Last edited:
Reactions: cavok

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Again, you keep asking personal details which I am not obliged to tell you, but her parents are dead, one sister is living in Germany and the other is in San Pedro de Macoris, apparently not venturing out more than necessary. OK? Is that enough information for you?

I find it offensive that you do not believe what I am saying.

You take the title from a person from Cabarete who is not posting here any more for the most argumentative person who always has to have the last word.

Call me cynical, but yes, I find it hard to believe that only one person you know and nobody in her circle of friends .... etc. has had this happen to them, and she has had it happen more than once. You are taking her word for it; maybe she's playing you. I don't think you are lying, and I don't care if you are offended, but I have a sensitive BS sensor.

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
Considering most Haitians are dark skinned and also look somewhat different than the average dark skinned Dominican it is doubtful that immigration targets African American, who speak differently, dress differently, and often look differently as well. I am sure are rare.
Hey Bob. Jump on the way back machine with me to 1974-75. My good African American buddy Duque from Detroit, living and working in Loma de Cabrera, gets singled out and conscripted by la guardia to go fight the fires in the interior due to the sequia. His incident was immortalized by the merenguero Cuco Valoy in the song "No me Empuje". Check out the lyrics and video on Youtube. Skin color and imperfect Spanish can be misinterpreted. But I agree with you that it's rare.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Not for nothing Bob but you have stated your opinion several times, maybe it is time for you to step away from this thread.

Last edited:

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Call me cynical, but yes, I find it hard to believe that only one person you know and nobody in her circle of friends .... etc. has had this happen to them, and she has had it happen more than once. You are taking her word for it; maybe she's playing you. I don't think you are lying, and I don't care if you are offended, but I have a sensitive BS sensor.
Look mate, her circle od Dominican friends don't have her dark skin colour. She is NOT playing me. The first time she was arrested, I SAW her in the cell. The second time, I received a call from a female police officer who seems to have taken sympathy on her (more than you would ever do) while she was locked up and helped her son get to the guagua to take himself home. The officer called me because she wanted to make sure my friend was OK after she was finally released because she couldn't contact her on her own phone. If you think my friend is playing me, I will send you my conversation with the police officer if you would like to give me your Whatsapp number. The third time I have no hard evidence, so you can discount that one if you wish.

As for you not caring if I am offended - what a nice man you are.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I agree, and it is even worse for those who, through no fault of their own, having jumped through all the hoops failed to obtain regularization, as happened to my gardener. I would happily help him with the cost of renewing if only it were possible.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Some of us seem to get 'attached' to threads........ it never ends well

^^^^
This.

B8ACCA32-9DF3-4598-B72F-9C7689D0962A.jpeg

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Look mate, her circle od Dominican friends don't have her dark skin colour. She is NOT playing me. The first time she was arrested, I SAW her in the cell. The second time, I received a call from a female police officer who seems to have taken sympathy on her (more than you would ever do) while she was locked up and helped her son get to the guagua to take himself home. The officer called me because she wanted to make sure my friend was OK after she was finally released because she couldn't contact her on her own phone. If you think my friend is playing me, I will send you my conversation with the police officer if you would like to give me your Whatsapp number. The third time I have no hard evidence, so you can discount that one if you wish.

As for you not caring if I am offended - what a nice man you are.
I think you should press the IGNORE button as I have done and it will save you a lot of unnecessary angst .