Dominican Republic 7th most lawless place in the world

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
corruption, drugs, organized crime, poverty.
those points count for the DR and they also count for most other countries, including big brothers like the US my friend.
many dream of it, but just some few have it all.
Human Law.
but to mention the DR in a top 7 or top 10 or even top 20 globalwide, come on. the planet has some far worse places to offer, faaaar worse. not tainting DR in a bright shimmering perfect light, i am aware of all above mentioned negative points, no doubt on that, but planetwide seen there comes a good bunch of countries on top of such list.

Mike

Mike

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
The article is misleading. Comparing the D.R with countries in full blown civil war or involved in war makes little sense. The writer also used a cover photo of military troops, the troops are dressed in training gear with laser receptors. Not one of them has a loaded weapon under these conditions. The writer and the editor did not do their home work.
Venezuela, should definitely be on the list. Arguably the hottest chicas in South America but also the hottest L.Z in South America.
New York should be on there as well, I get robbed every time I go into the city. If you want proof I will show you my hotel and restaurant tabs

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
One week I'm reading an article about how the north coast (Sosua, Cabarete, Cabrera)
is such a great retirement destination. The next week I'm reading an article about how we are one of the top ten
lawless countries in the world? Sounds like a bunch of bs.

I'm sure per capita we have a higher than average crime rate but its still lower then places like El Salvador, Trinidad
and Jamaica.

what makes you sure? can you produce any data to substantiate your certitude?

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Im not surprised at all. When motos can drive without helmets, lights, insurance or any form of driving license, while balancing a Jumbo presidente, three kids and a fat lady, THEN smashes into a parked vehicle,,,,, a couple passengers die or get seriously hurt,,,,,, and they SOMEHOW find the owner of the parked car the guilty one!!! If that isn't Lawless I don't know what is. Top 10 for sure!

Gabriela

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Article says "lawless'. When a country has no impartial justice system, when assassins and other criminals come and go freely because everyone has a price, when lawyers rob you blind, you are in the Wild West. Money talks, everyone walks.

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
which means what? there are countries on that list which are not there for lawlessness, but for other issues such as ebola, and weather conditions.

My point is that it's on that short list for being lawless,but for being lawless its not even on the U.S. Warning list just saying that short list could be someone's personal opinion...Yeah I consider a place with thousands of Ebola problems a lawless place

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
My point is that it's on that short list for being lawless,but for being lawless its not even on the U.S. Warning list just saying that short list could be someone's personal opinion...Yeah I consider a place with thousands of Ebola problems a lawless place

there is no point protracting a debate with someone who equates a health problem with lawlessness.

now i have heard it all.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
We can agree the DR has a poor health system don't you consider that poor politics or "lawlessness"

no i don't.

worse yet, i do not consider the outbreak of a disease like ebola to have anything to do with lawlessness. do you believe that England became more lawless because of Mad Cow Disease?

manny20

Oct 2, 2012
no i don't.

worse yet, i do not consider the outbreak of a disease like ebola to have anything to do with lawlessness. do you believe that England became more lawless because of Mad Cow Disease?

Lawless places don't take care of their issues England is not a lawless country

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Most articles that include a superlative in the title are not worth the time to read the title, let alone the article. I WOULD say ALL articles... but... that would be too oxymoronic for even ME. LOL

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Im not surprised at all. When motos can drive without helmets, lights, insurance or any form of driving license, while balancing a Jumbo presidente, three kids and a fat lady, THEN smashes into a parked vehicle,,,,, a couple passengers die or get seriously hurt,,,,,, and they SOMEHOW find the owner of the parked car the guilty one!!! If that isn't Lawless I don't know what is. Top 10 for sure!

if the time of the parking meter was up, then the car was parked illegally and the car-owner is of course at fault, specially when he is a newly settled in Gringo who tries to blend in. nothing new, such is worldwide the thumb rule when coming to a new country, lol

Mike