Dominican Wine?

irishdomician

Aug 15, 2004
I need information about wine in the Dom. Rep. Are there vinyards (I know its hot but Cuba does it), Wineries, Government involvment with alchol buying and selling, whatever somebody talk to me. Thanx

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
I think the only vineyards are the ones with the tall stalks that have a zafra.

There is a possiblity there is a vineyard in the jarabacoa area.

Gimabella

Sep 15, 2003
irishdomician said:
I need information about wine in the Dom. Rep. Are there vinyards (I know its hot but Cuba does it), Wineries, Government involvment with alchol buying and selling, whatever somebody talk to me. Thanx

hey amiga,

i know the perfect place for you to get your wine, when u come back to the DR take a trip down the Sothern strip, the road that goes towards SanCristobal, Azua, Bani, all the way down there, the further you go the better wine you will find, thant road is going to lead you to Neyba where only the best wine is done, tehre are many vineyards of wine coming up, hopefully you are in the country and if u wish i would recommended you go right before, during, or right after easter...it's actually grape season here in Neyba

if u are in SD i can bring you some myself when i get back to SDQ from Neyba myself i will be in the country the last week of march if you would like further information u can
e-mail me at unicagima@hotmail.com
happy to help..

chao, gimabella