Dominican Wins Cy Young Award!!

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
cabroncito said:
Ugghhhh....
What about Cuba???

Cuba has a very good "Olympic Team".

If it were the Olympics, then Cuba would win the Gold for sure.

But for the World Baseball tournament, I think the Dominican Republic is the favorite. The United States would be the next favorite.

cabroncito

Oct 20, 2005
Potato_Salad said:
Cuba has a very good "Olympic Team".

If it were the Olympics, then Cuba would win the Gold for sure.

But for the World Baseball tournament, I think the Dominican Republic is the favorite. The United States would be the next favorite.

That sounds about right.

For the Dominican team, assuming that there is no DH, who plays first?
And who do you have in center?

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
cabroncito said:
That sounds about right.

For the Dominican team, assuming that there is no DH, who plays first?
And who do you have in center?

Hi there :)

Albert Pujos is the best first baseman in the majors. David Ortiz has played first base several times.

As for center field, hmmmm,.......good question. But the Dominicans are so good in baseball, they probably do not need a center fielder. ;)

Take care.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
I forgot to mention, I am amazed at how well Cuba is in boxing!!!

Especially boxing during the olympic games!

cabroncito

Oct 20, 2005
Potato_Salad said:
I forgot to mention, I am amazed at how well Cuba is in boxing!!!

Especially boxing during the olympic games!

Yeah the olympic boxers do well, but I have been a little dissapointed with other organizations. For example, the last Casamayor fight.

Back to the baseball, Pujols over Ortiz?
Yeah I like both, but I like Ortiz's presence in the game a little more. I am not taking anything away from Pujols, because he is 50x better in the field than Ortiz, but I like Ortiz coming the plate during the game. I don't know???

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Here it goes!!!

cabroncito said:
Yeah the olympic boxers do well, but I have been a little dissapointed with other organizations. For example, the last Casamayor fight.

Yeah I like both, but I like Ortiz's presence in the game a little more. I am not taking anything away from Pujols, because he is 50x better in the field than Ortiz, but I like Ortiz coming the plate during the game. I don't know???
I will say this for the 1,000th times, Ortiz is not an everyday player, therefore, HE IS NOT a "complete" player and, in my book, should not "take" any type of awards away from players that are on the field every single day.

But if I had a choice between the 2, I would rather have Ortiz on my team, as a DH of course. Not taking anything away from Pujols.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
cabroncito said:

Hi there :)

Both Pujols and Ortiz are amazing hitters.

If next year's tournament has a DH, then Ortiz should play DH and Pujols will be the first baseman.

If there is no DH, then I would start Pujols at first base over Ortiz.

I just hope the tournament will have a DH. ;)

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
miguel said:
I will say this for the 1,000th times, Ortiz is not an everyday player, therefore, HE IS NOT a "complete" player and, in my book, should not "take" any type of awards away from players that are on the field every single day.

But if I had a choice between the 2, I would rather have Ortiz on my team, as a DH of course. Not taking anything away from Pujols.

I agree with you, although I admire Ortiz for his leadership and clutch hitting, he is not an everyday player.

I just hope next year's tournament has a DH.

I would love to see a showdown between the United States and the Dominican Republic. It would be a high-scoring game. 11-10 or 10-9!!! :rambo: