Dominican woman is hijacked and killed in Orlando, FL.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The hijacking was caught on video (see it in the link.) This happened in broad daylight in a safe area. The burned SUV with remains inside (presumed to be hers) were found 2 hours later in a rural area south of Orlando, FL.

She had been in the USA for 5 years. Was just 31 years old.

Reactions: cavok and colmcb

Big

Apr 24, 2019
10mm rounds, say you?
interesting. Are you analyzing the ballistic selection of a 10mm? It is a bad choice. Recoil interferes with the accuracy of the 10mm. The FBI discontinued using the 10mm for just this reason.

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
interesting. Are you analyzing the ballistic selection of a 10mm? It is a bad choice. Recoil interferes with the accuracy of the 10mm. The FBI discontinued using the 10mm for just this reason.
No, sir, I'm not analyzing such selection; I was merely asking due to the fact the "big ten" is a rare choice these days, outside of big-game hunting... or so I read somewhere.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
No, sir, I'm not analyzing such selection; I was merely asking due to the fact the "big ten" is a rare choice these days, outside of big-game hunting... or so I read somewhere.
well sir., I must say, I am mildly impressed. I would not have guessed you knew much about a 10mm. Spending a fair amount of time in the East African bush I am aware of the importance of a suitable round from a side arm. While I would not hunt with a 10mm I would trust it to dispatch the end result and have it for a surprise encounter with a hungry scavenger.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Big, Lucifer, maybe its time to settle this feud :unsure:

Attachments

• duel.gif
    duel.gif
    100.8 KB · Views: 46

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
One of the least important things of this event and yet I’m mind boggled is the green Acura of the criminal. This morning I read somewhere that it’s the only Acura of that model in green in all of Florida. If it was a small state with a small population, I can see that happening; but Florida is bigger than many countries in land and population. This story is weird even in unimportant details. lol

I guess they reach that conclusion based on all the Acura’s of that model registered in Florida and only one is green or of all the vehicles of that type in FL database, none are green (thry say the car wasn’t registered and most likely was being used on stolen license plates.)

The only good thing of that is that you will never attempt to open “your car” in a big parking lot and then wonder why you press the unlock button and it doesn’t unlock.

Reactions: malko

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I believe we have an educated man in our midst.
Only if he speaks Latin as well ..

Yes, the 10MM is a very Odd Choice .. unless it was Stolen and just convenient to dump after cuz it had no value anyway as a Stolen weapon.

Reactions: Big

colmcb

Mar 22, 2009
I wonder why the deputy's wife hasn't been arrested. And, I definitely think the husband is connected to this. Something doesn't smell right at all.

Reactions: Big