Dominicana Divorcing an American Man

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Marital assets are marital assets.

And she'll never see them. If you are so concerned about poor people in barrios being stiffed by North America 'rich' people on a municipal pension you should travel the world and dig into your life savings and help them live a middle class lifestyle.
You sound like a woman scorned herself and we all know what wrath that foments.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
And she'll never see them. If you are so concerned about poor people in barrios being stiffed by North America 'rich' people on a municipal pension you should travel the world and dig into your life savings and help them live a middle class lifestyle.
You sound like a woman scorned herself and we all know what wrath that foments.

I think she is fat.

irsav

Jan 26, 2019
Marital assets are marital assets.

No. Only if he bought a house FOR CASH during their "marriage time". And only if she can prove that he received all this cash after their "marriage". He did not have it before. And if he did not inherit it. And it was not lump sum of his pension - that he was accumulating for 40 years before their "marriage".
This gold digging is very typical for Dominican women. ONE MUST BE VERY STUPID TO MARRY THEM.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
This is one of the more humorous threads in a long time. The OP is obviously a half tard that is trying to get into this woman's pants and is having no success. Whether the OP is a man or a woman really doesnt make a difference, although if it was another chica it would make it even more funny to me.

I have to agree with Tamborista a few pages ago and wish this clown or clownett a death from a STD. Unless this person is just trolling and looking to give us a good laugh they are one of the worst bottom feeders I have encountered . I have 2 lawyers and 2 realtors in my complex so I can spot pond scum way off.

Keep them coming this is great cocktail entertainment.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
"soak him for everything he got" the words of our immoral poster. It brought to mind a very old expression, "coyote love".
I 'm sure you know the story about the guy who went out, got so drunk he didn't even know what she looked like. Woke up in the morning with her arm slung over him, saw how ugly she was and said I rather chew off my arm then stay in bed with this....That's when the expression took hold and I can just imagine that's what we would all do with this creature. Coyote love!!!

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
"soak him for everything he got" the words of our immoral poster. It brought to mind a very old expression, "coyote love".
I 'm sure you know the story about the guy who went out, got so drunk he didn't even know what she looked like. Woke up in the morning with her arm slung over him, saw how ugly she was and said I rather chew off my arm then stay in bed with this....That's when the expression took hold and I can just imagine that's what we would all do with this creature. Coyote love!!!

Years ago when one of my favorite aunts was in her late 80s she told me that concept after seeing my brothers new girfriend. I could never look at the girlfriend again without laughing my ass off.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Not married in the USA and she lives in the DR, does the USA have any standing in a divorce in the DR?

In many cases back then , you had to hand carry ALL Dominican Marriage papers back to your last home in USA...to its courthouse to be registered in USA.. If this was not done, and as she has never traveled there..forget it...

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Having been lurking this forum for a couple years, it astonishes me how many people on a forum about the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC show nothing but contempt, hatred, and disrespect of the Dominican people at every possible opportunity.

..you need to leave the room.. then come back in and start over...………..

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I totally agree. As much fun as this thread is, it was probably just another troll. Kinda weird how the "gochiefs" name showed up on super bowl Sunday.
The 49's should have won lol
I am also shocked that with all the insults and name calling this thread wasn't shut down several pages ago.
Have the mods gone awol

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I think she, the OP has left the building. I will thank her for bringing some of us together. I actually agreed with, liked posts etc with others here on DR1 that I usually disagree with.
Cheers to you gochiefs321????? yea right, you brought some people together, good for you!

May 4, 2018
Yes foreigners who actually purchased property in the US. But a woman who cant even access the US has no rights at all. Her marriage isnt even documented in the US. Furthermore, as a $200 a month maid, she wouldnt even qualify for a visa. Now if she was in the states as an alien things would be different. But......she was outsmarted

ZERO chance of any visa other than sponsored by the hubby, which ob isn't going to happen.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I hope the husband has a will that specifically omits the wife. No will, and she'd get everything by default.

Very worthwhile noting this. Not exactly correct (doesn't get 100% if children). Very important for some on here for the future.

Jan 9, 2004
I hope the husband has a will that specifically omits the wife. No will, and she'd get everything by default.

If he made a Will after marriage and failed to provide for her in it..............under Florida law she is still entitled to a share (30%) I believe.

And even if he made a Will before the marriage, she will get an entitlement.

The key of course is proving a valid legal marriage.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
If he made a Will after marriage and failed to provide for her in it..............under Florida law she is still entitled to a share (30%) I believe.

And even if he made a Will before the marriage, she will get an entitlement.

The key of course is proving a valid legal marriage.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Finding him and his assets may prove challenging and then laying claim to it. Even knowing when and where he dies.
Time for her to stop gold digging and thank him for the few years she received $3,000 per month and lived like a Rica and blew it all.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
ETA: we are all assuming he had/has residency in Fla. because numb nuts said so. "Tracking him down" and the state he "resides" in are two different facts and are governed by different set of laws. If in fact he does "reside" in Fla. she can kiss that house goodby because it would take a lifetime of legal work.(Homestead Act?)

All of this is BS because she is not very smart all all, even though she can write in English.

Jan 9, 2004
ETA: we are all assuming he had/has residency in Fla. because numb nuts said so. "Tracking him down" and the state he "resides" in are two different facts and are governed by different set of laws. If in fact he does "reside" in Fla. she can kiss that house goodby because it would take a lifetime of legal work.(Homestead Act?)

All of this is BS because she is not very smart all all, even though she can write in English.

It certainly is an uphill battle for her.....and expensive......

That being said.........under Florida Law she has at a minimum a claim of a life estate in his primary residence...even if Homesteaded. Not sure how she would access it if she is unable to come to the US........but it could be used as a bargaining chip........should she acquire legal counsel.

Either way, if she is able to move forward with a claim, her husband had better do some serious estate planning.......and now would be a very good time to do it......assuming all the facts presented in the OP's first post are accurate.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Status
Not open for further replies.