Dominicans are the best salsa dancers - Sonia Sotomayor

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this statement reminds me of a dominican friend who once told me that paso fino are the biggest horses in the world. gurl, please. according to some dominicans dominican anything is the biggest and the best.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
this statement reminds me of a dominican friend who once told me that paso fino are the biggest horses in the world. gurl, please. according to some dominicans dominican anything is the biggest and the best.

national pride is a natural feature of the human condition. it usually trumps reality and logic. that is why you will see tourism reviews that tell you that tourists come to the DR for the food and the music.

Ducadista

Nov 7, 2011
Valeu Cara!
As a Dominican American, I could not disagree more with the Justice Sotomayor, where I do agree is that DR's can follow to any type of music.

My salsa instructor is an AfroAmerican who can out salsa anyone. I always thought I knew how to dance salsa, when in reality I was doing cumbia moves. I was taught how to dance on 1 (Cuban) and on 2, as my instructor always said, "Salsa is about making the girl look good, not you".

Now that I know how to dance salsa, its hard to find a girl in DR who "truly" knows how to dance salsa. I noticed that when a good salsa song comes on, they leave the dance floor and just sing the song.

I'll be in DR in a month, drinks on me women, if you can dance salsa.

My 2 cents.