Dominicans Contribute Towards The Stereotype

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
This is how a group of Dominicans (and probably Dominican-Americans) ended their celebration of Memorial Day weekend (holiday in the USA, marks the unofficial start of summer) in NYC (The Bronx).

The million dollar question is :drumroll: was Rey there? lol

Wonderful way of the "much needed contribution" to the Dominican stereotype. It didn't end there, as can be clearly seen in the video, the beer bottles were not all empty!!

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
This is how a group of Dominicans (and probably Dominican-Americans) ended their celebration of Memorial Day weekend (holiday in the USA, marks the unofficial start of summer) in NYC (The Bronx).

Wonderful way of the "much needed contribution" to the Dominican stereotype. It didn't end there, as can be clearly seen in the video, the beer bottles were not all empty!!
why am I not shocked they would just practice in their pitching getting ready to for the Major Leagues,,Funny video

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Better throwing things than guns.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Wonderful way of the "much needed contribution" to the Dominican stereotype.
You mean New Yorkers contributing to the New Yorker stereotype.
Lets not insult Dominicans like that.

• Haha
Reactions: bob saunders

Big

Apr 24, 2019
What an absolute lovely way to spend an afternoon. I can just imagine the stimulating conversation that was taking place. I mean these people are "movers and shakers" as they say.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I am trying to keep my Dominican profile low, luckily most people think I am Cuban...Ja Ja

JJ

Reactions: Lucifer

Sol09

Jan 12, 2017
What an absolute lovely way to spend an afternoon. I can just imagine the stimulating conversation that was taking place. I mean these people are "movers and shakers" as they say.
The low class, uneducated, and badly behaved Dominicans that live in NYC really give a bad rap to the country.
I know the locals are embarrassed by this incident and the representation.

Reactions: Big and bachata

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I am trying to keep my Dominican profile low, luckily most people think I am Cuban...Ja Ja

JJ
Me too. When I'm around Dominicans in the States, I'm the oddball out:

¡Diablo, Díos mío! Ya llegó Joseito, el parigüayo número uno".

Extremely loud, interrupting to no end, and jacks of all trades, Stateside Dominicans, for the most part, are to be avoided in large gatherings.

Reactions: bachata

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
Better throwing things than guns.

👆There it is !

Also ....and obviously ...not all Dominicans ...etc etc

Our Dominican friend in GA ...immigrant ...now a US Citizen ...former attorney ...now a judge ...and a proud GA ....saw this story and said ....I told you ...the best Dominicans are in GA...😬😁

I would have thought FL...🤔...but anyway ...

...he said Dominicans in GA are educated and focused ...and give Dominicans abroad a good reputation....they are mostly students ,nurses, doctors, lawyers and business owners ...so this can never happen in GA ...FL and NY? ...yes !.😬😆

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

I heard they cleaned it all up, after their get together.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I heard they cleaned it all up, after their get together.
Not a chance - If it was indeed Dominicanstheyjust left their trash where it fell.
Calling Dominicans 'trash people' is becuase they never ever pickup their trash.
There's a dominican 'lawyer' near me, also currently running for political office - he leaves his trash (plastic bags, water bottles, boxes) wherever they fall.
He calls himself a lawyer but honestly I doubt he actually practicess much law (he's too lazy) - so probably the majority of Dominican lawyers have more class than him.