Dominicans in Las Terrenas are fed up with Haitians

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
A group of Dominicans from a neighborhood in Las Terrenas are feeling forced to leave the neighborhood because recently the numbers of Haitians there have grown so much thqt according to them they outnumber Dominicans. One of the guys says that many Haitians are fine, but lately many of the other type of Haitians have moved to the sector and they have customs that are offending the Dominicans. One woman says she is forced to put up for sale her home because she complaint to several Haitians about having sex in public streets right in front of her underage daughter. Rather than taking that away from the public streets, the Haitian prostitute decided to threaten to kill her with a machete. Other Haitians have also threatened to kill her and now she is in fear for her life and that of her daughter. That woman almost broke into tears in the video.

The reactions of the Haitians have caused several of the Dominicans to want the authorities to force the Haitians to leave since most are illegal immigrants which means none of the Dominicans living there should feel forced to leave their neighborhood. The straw that broke the camel’s back are the “new” Haitian prostitutes that moved to the place and are having sexual relations in the public streets at all hours and without regard if there are dhildren watching.

The “Sosuafication” of Las Terrenas? A while ago it was also an issue when people having sex at all hours and in public streets became a thing in Sosúa.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
The barrio of LT they are talking about is Come Pan, it's not super nice up there, I wouldn't want to hang out up there much after dark..

Reactions: cavok

ando1991

Dec 5, 2016
Are the Dominicans having fun with these prostitutes or the "Expats/Gringos?"

Can't they just get the police involved?

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
You see that everywhere here! Not just in Sosua.
I don’t know but I haven’t been out on the town in years. The Dominicans I know urinate in their homes’ bathrooms or perhaps the colmado WC. I certainly have never seen a Dominican friend or acquaintance of mine fondle his private parts like the other gentleman has indicated. If I was witnessing a lot of public urination or fondling, I would probably question how my life had come to that point.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I don’t know but I haven’t been out on the town in years. The Dominicans I know urinate in their homes’ bathrooms or perhaps the colmado WC. I certainly have never seen a Dominican friend or acquaintance of mine fondle his private parts like the other gentleman has indicated. If I was witnessing a lot of public urination or fondling, I would probably question how my life had come to that point.
I haven't seen that either. I haven't seen anyone peeing on peeing on the light pole in the center of town either but, once you get just a little out of town, it's common to see someone just pull off the side of the road and take a wiz in plain view.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
What you see in this situation in Las Terrenas is a clue about DR's future. Within less than a decade, Haitians will rule over this nation. Haitian gangs will take over entire neighborhoods & police won't be able to fight back. I would say before 2030 Dominicans will have lost their sovereignty. I am in Las Terrenas, I personally know the lady who is speaking. what she says is true, and it's only the beginning. There is no way to stop that. Just watch Haiti (that I know very very well for the past 3 decades).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What you see in this situation in Las Terrenas is a clue about DR's future. Within less than a decade, Haitians will rule over this nation. Haitian gangs will take over entire neighborhoods & police won't be able to fight back. I would say before 2030 Dominicans will have lost their sovereignty. I am in Las Terrenas, I personally know the lady who is speaking. what she says is true, and it's only the beginning. There is no way to stop that. Just watch Haiti (that I know very very well for the past 3 decades).
Less than 6 years? Not much time then....

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
Can't they call the big green buses in and do some round ups?
Just look at what's happening in Port-au-Prince and see if green buses are of any efficiency. Behold the difference of gunpower between police and gangs. Behold closely: this is DR's tomorrow!

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
Less than 6 years? Not much time then....
I don't know how many decades you have here, but if you have more than 3, close your eyes and remember how it was then, now open your eyes and see how it is now. Now close them again and you will see tomorrow.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't know how many decades you have here, but if you have more than 3, close your eyes and remember how it was then, now open your eyes and see how it is now. Now close them again and you will see tomorrow.
I only have 2 decades here. So there is that. First visited in 2002 and then moved here in 2003.

I am not able to predict such things. Six years is such a short time.

Myself, I don't expect what you predict to happen. But that could be because I only have going on 21 years here.

Let's revisit in 6 years.