Dominicans In Tampa Florida?

D R HaTe Me

Oct 27, 2005
im just glad you share your opinions with people and not keeping them locked up in your mind

Last edited by a moderator:

El Profe

Jan 22, 2007
Hola

I'm dominican and have been living in Tampa for over ten years. I'm looking for a different scene. I want to hang out with dominicans, meet dominican women or close to it. Any advice.

flaco_65

Feb 20, 2007
I just currently moved into the Tampa area and am looking for a Dominican Restaurant. Anyone familiar w/ any?

El Profe

Jan 22, 2007
Waz up

I'm interested in talking to any Dominicans who live in the Tampa/Clearwater area? Anyone on here from that part of the USA?

Any luck yet. I see plenty on Dominicans out and about but I don't know of a central location such as restaurant or club where one can meet other Dominicans.

flaco_65

Feb 20, 2007
Y que Profe?

Not yet El Profe. I just got here from NY and I am starving for a true blue dominican restaurant w/ the juke box in the back playing bachata while sipping on a Presidente. Meanwhile,watching one the most beautiful creature on earth take my order of masa de cerdo con tostonos w/ a small side order of sancocho. There`s something about dominican woman that makes them undeniably outstanding both in heart and soul. Whenever I come across one, their spirit brings me back home.

Last week I ran across a small spanish restaurant that claims to serve dominican food. Once I looked at their open buffet and menu I was out. I`m from El Faro de Colon bro, I know`s my peoples. I cannot be fooled.

Since I`m new to the lay of the land,I will continue to give the city of Tampa the benefit of the doubt. To my compadres y comadres, hollar back!The search will continue.

Mephs

Sep 11, 2003
The only one that comes to mind is Salsarengue, just west of Hanley on Waters avenue. The only catch is that I don't think they've got their liquor license just yet, so you won't find any Presidente here.

I've heard of others down in West Tampa, but I can't say first hand if they are any good.

I can ask around if you are interested in other restaurants/hangouts...

flaco_65

Feb 20, 2007
Good Start!

Thanks very much for you response Mephs, Atleast this will get me started on what`s out there. I was running around like a blind man primo. I gotta touch basis w/ the dominican hood in order to make contact. Maybe when I finally find a place some of us can meet up and share some brews and dominican flavor munchies. I`m a new jack to Tampa, but so far I like what I see. It sure as hell beats the trains and frigid temperatures. Gracias primo!!!!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
For those who live in Tampa, I was there for a couple of days this week, went into this grocery store where they also sell Dominican food. Is a take out simple place but the food is excellent for those who are craving our Dominican food. Very good chicharron, moro, beef stew, mmmm.
is called La Teresita Grocery, you can google it.
I like Tampa, but it was extremely humid and hot!!!! but like the feel of the town, very nice.

bshorty

May 19, 2009
dominicans in tampa

hello. i live in tampa but have not have been able to come across any dominican hang outs. i just got back from DR yesterday and i really like being around my people. can anyone suggest a good spot to go to on the weekends here.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I went to Florida two weeks ago to visit my wife's mom in Miami the mother's day and my aunt in West Palm Beach, long ride it is about 14 hours from Raleigh NC. I had to charge gas 4 times each way 800 Ml. next time I'll take the train the traffic is terrible in Miami and police cars every where trying to give me a ticket, they finally did it....

JJ

todobien

Jul 20, 2008
great dominican store in tampa

corner of arch and armenia. heading north on armenia just before 275. owned by a dominican family and do a hell of a lunch business. $4.50 gets you a huge lunch of choice of meat two veggies and plantanos. really is the best deal in town. they also sell fresh produce. they can put you on dominican gathering places. t

dr4me

Jun 25, 2010
meeting Dominicans

I live in Tampa and travel to the Dominican Republic about once a month . The travel is getting tougher on me and I would like to limit my travel to about once every six months. The problem that I have is that I love the Dominican people and culture. Is there any places in the Tampa Bay area where I can meet Dominicans, enjoy the culture, and food?

skippys

Jan 17, 2003
door to door shipping????

as is available in Mass. - is there such a firm in the Tampa area, flat fee/ and they supply the boxes????? please:classic: