Don't appreciate having posts deleted

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
Background:

As I came into the conversation in this thread, it had drifted into a bit of an argument between the relative merits of American Football Vs what the rest of the world calls football. Since A-it was the forum owner himself, Robert who had caused the original drift and B-it looked like a well-natured back and forth ribbing match, I decided to post a few comments of my own.

The comments not only got a response from the owner himself, but also additional questions on the matter. IOW, encouragement for further replies. Which I then proceeded to give while still commenting on the hijacked nature of the conversation. I'll also note that I offered my own forums, a non-commercial endeavor dedicated exclusively to following footy, in order to continue the conversation in a proper environment.

Deletions:

Much to my surprised, I checked into the thread today to find all traces of said conversation gone and no reasons given.

Reason for my complaint:

While I completely understand that these forums are a private enterprise, to be run as the owners see fit, I do not appreciate inconsistent behavior as the one described above. See, meaningless as it apparently was to the person doing the deleting, I not only took time and effort to write each of those posts*, but once more, was actually encouraged to do so by the owner himself -- who was actually responsible for the original thread drift.

*In particular, I went into a lengthy response about a British player I was queried about.

Conclusion:

As much as I can understand the feeling that some of you may be having while reading this, i.e., 'You don't like it, leave!' my complaint has more to do with some sort of clarification or guideline for what goes on here and exactly what is expected of posters. As I said, I run my own forums and have a set of standards in place to which anyone can easily refer when in doubt -- I thus find it strange that a commercial enterprise such as this one can be run in such a willful manner.

And if that's the case, that any of my posts can simply disappear because the "mood" strikes, I will simply choose to do my writing elsewhere while thanking the owners for the courtesy afforded me so far. The whole notion is too foreign to my own standards and I simply wouldn't be able to comply.

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
::::sheepishly crawling back in::::::

Well, I'll be darned! Don't I look like the friggin' town idiot :confused: All that righteous indignation gone to waste!

Anyhow, my apologies Monsieur Robert, screw the coffee, I owe you at least a shot of a 12 year old single malt.

...but it was a pretty good rant, right? Not that I'd mind seeing it disappear ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It's happened to others. Ownrules if you are the last to post and no one else replies, when you sign in again it won't appear in new posts/ threads so it seems like it was deleted. Does that make sense? It does in my head. ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks Criss
I think I need a long hot something, not sure if a bath will do it though.

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
Anna Coniglio said:
It's happened to others. Ownrules if you are the last to post and no one else replies, when you sign in again it won't appear in new posts/ threads so it seems like it was deleted. Does that make sense? It does in my head. ;)

No, not sure what you mean. I just didn't realize there were two threads about the Superbowl -- didn't see the referenced conversation in the one I opened and went on to make the false allegations. For which, once again, I apologize.

However, since the conversation has taken a sharp turn towards er, more interesting matters, I suppose that some good can still be gleaned from this thread.

So, what about that "long hot something" you need? ;)

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
[B]OwnRules[/B] said:
but it was a pretty good rant, right? Not that I'd mind seeing it disappear ;)
Or better yet I post here often to keep bumping this thread. :devious:

This week in Aunt Clara's Kitchen: Crow pie. Get it while it's hot.

I am sorry, can't help making fun of you OR

:::::runs before OR can throw that shoe:::::