Don't eat Lambi til November

May 29, 2006
Are there any restrictions on how conch are harvested? In the Turks and Caicos Islands, you can only collect them using snorkel. They often have problems with poachers coming up from the DR and Haiti in weighted diving suits.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
"dv", in the "Old days", "IT" was called the "Bearded Clam", now I guess it's just "The Clam"!
Call it what you will, I'm, "All IN"!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

how about crotch conch? :cheeky:

it's official, i have been cccccccfied!

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
go get caught with stolen property and tell the judge that you paid for it.

Bro, i do not live in DR, but for anybody with common sense, this law does not make sense? how are you gonna prosecute a buyer? They should go after the guys who are fishing. l
Bro, if i buy from someone, i did not catch those conches. The only thing they can do is probably seize the conch from me, but it wont do anything because they are not going to the ROOTS OF THE ISSUE.
Laws are rarely implemented in third world countries!
To me, it sounds like politicians showing off! Nothing serious!

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
go get caught with stolen property and tell the judge that you paid for it.

Bro, i do not live in DR, but for anybody with common sense, this law does not make sense? how are you gonna prosecute a buyer? They should go after the guys who are fishing.

Ever hear of "Receiving Stolen Property"? I don't know where you live, but that's a crime in many countries.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This thread is "MUTE"!!!!!!!!
There is, as usual, no intent by ANYONE, to obey, or enforce this "LAW"???????????
"Conch Fritters" anyone, with a "Lobster Bisque" on the side????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I don't eat much "CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCFooooooooooD" here anyway.
I'm used to "New England" C Food!
I like my seafood to have the, "Taste Of The Sea", not the taste, or the Stench of old, "Crotch Conch"! :dead:
Good "Word" "DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What did the blind man say as he walked by the fish market???????????
"Hello Girls" :laugh::laugh::laugh:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
" Based on this review, CITES recommended that all countries prohibit the importation of queen conch from Honduras, Haiti, and the Dominican Republic (see Standing Committee Recommendations from CITES). Queen conch continues to be available from many other Caribbean countries, including Jamaica and the Turks and Caicos Islands (British West Indies), which have well-managed queen conch fisheries."

Queen Conch (Strombus gigas) - Office of Protected Resources - NOAA Fisheries

not that I think that the DR is actually exporting conch.. or that it has a prayer of having a well regulated fishery.. but, well, if Jamaica can do it, why not the DR?