Downtown Puerto Plata- any place at all decent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
I have stayed at KMA numerous times, would definatley recomend it ! They now have a pool and still have gated security.

Juanita R.

Sep 13, 2010
Does anyone know about reservations? Most of the time a reservation made long ahead is forgotten anyway. How busy are these in-town places in Jan./Feb. Do I even need a reservation?

Thank you!

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Hi there,

Another thread containing a few misguided and misleading posts IMHO. Yesterday, I returned home after a 3 week stay at the Lomar. It was about my 10th stay there. I am a single British female and have never had a problem.
The fact that it is bang on the Malecon means that you have amazing views of the beach and sea and you are really central for getting about.
Rubbish about the noise - you will get that anywhere in the RD. They have AC, Cable, a planta that starts immediately if there is a power cut, and lots of hot water. There is also a pool and a cafeteria, and the staff are great. They do take reservations 001 809 320 8555 but you do not need to book weeks in advance. Costs are 1100$ for a one bed room and 1400$ for a two bed room (doubles) per night - they also have 1 and 2 bedroom appts. Discounts for longer stays.
I like it!
Best wishes.
Rio

purdy

Sep 18, 2010
hotel kma puerto plata

anyone have e mail address for this place. having trouble with the one quoted on their web page. Does anyone have idea of cost to stay here for i bed apartment. much appreciated

Juanita R.

Sep 13, 2010
KMA hotel rates

I called KMA a couple of weeks ago and they told me it would be 2000 pesos for a 1 bedroom.

Juanita R.

Sep 13, 2010
Nice Bed and Breakfast in Puerto Plata

A few months ago I asked for help in locating a place in Puerto Plata which would be pleasant and not expensive. Someone mentioned Villa Carolina, on Virginia Elena Ortega. We have checked it out and actually ended up staying there. It actually turned out to be quite nice, in the following way:

1. A very good value for the money.
2. Well located, close to everything walking
3. Family run, safe and clean.
4. Quiet, set back from the road and motorcycle noise.

So, thanks to whoever recommended it! There is also a good call centre, called TriComm, on 18 de febrero Street, nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.