DR A Medical Tourism Mecca?

Will the DR become an important destination for medical tourism?

• Definitely

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I think it can happen, but they need to work on some things.

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • I think it will not happen, but it could if they work to achieve it.

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • DR a medical tourism destination? Ha ha ha ha!

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I'm strongly recommending a "tummy tuck, lipo suction, breast implants, and a butt lift for MY WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
THAT should tell you SOMETHING about the quality of plastic surgery and all medical procedures here!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

CCCCCCCCCCC,
it should tell you that it is urgently time to get a new wife.
and that would also be cheaper than any surgery, lol.
almost all expat friends around me use local Dentists and never did i hear not even a single one complaining about a thing.
they are happy with the quality of work done, with the 1st rate materials, the up to date equipments used etc etc.
the friendlyness and personal treatment stands worlds above 1st world Monster Clinics.
the prices, well, a fraction of what the same work in the same quality would cost in Germany, and no flight to europe nor any other travel necessary.
for example my own ARS Humano local insurance plan includes 2 Implants per Year for Free(paid by the insurance).
I did not use that, yet, but my biz partner did, finished mayor dental work 2 days ago. he is originally Austrian, extremely picky about a dentist visit. he firstly had to go here out of a emergency(mayor dental pain of unknown origen). he was 100% pleasantly surprised about the great personal treatment and about the quick and painless procedures to get his problem solved. so he decided to stop to fly back home for his dental visits and finally now he even took advantage of the 2 free implants per year. he was completely happy about procedures and quality of work, already checking when the "Insurance Year/deadline" is over as he want's/needs a 3rd implant.
and an other big advantage in general, when visiting private clinics/doctors here in DR, is that you get an appointment relatively quick(not months of advance bookings for specific procedures) and when you show up on time for your apointment it will be your turn on time, not the so often long hrs extra waits as we been used to in Germany.

Mike

we have two plastic surgeons in the family so i happen to know lots of their clients - virtually every woman in the family. good work and relatively inexpensive. i say relatively because you could find a cheaper offer. all ladies are happy and none had complications. when it's my time to fix, pull, nip, tuck, alter and tailor my fading beauty (broadly speaking, of course), i will have no fear to go under the knife here. at worst, donP will kindly post my obituary and i trust he will not misspell my name. :laugh:

My wife had work done by one of the surgeon's in dv8's family and he is is an awesome guy and equally awesome Surgeon.

My wife is very happy with his work and I am even happier!!! :D

We have referred a few of our friends to him and they love him too!! His name is Dr Carlos Mojica de Leon and he works at Clinica Union Medica in Santiago

I would not come to the DR specifically for surgeries though!

A friend of a friend came to SD a month ago for Dental work and was happy with the work but she had to change recovery places a few times bc i guess they were not up to standard. She thought she knew 3rd world bc she has been to Mexico so was a little horrified...LMAO
She is coming back again in the summer to finish all the work.

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Is that the correct link?

If it is, then it doesn't work anymore!