DR & COVID

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Apparently, the DR (and Jamaica) had one of the best (lowest) mortality rate during the Covid pandemic. Puerto Rico and the French Guyana had the absolute best for the hemisphere.

Haiti, Nicaragua, Peru, Bolivia, parts of Mexico and one state in Brazil had the worst in the hemisphere.

IMG_1911.jpeg

IMG_1912.jpeg

Remember the guy (was he a priest?) that had quite a gathering in Puerto Plata during the COVID pandemic and made the news because of that? :unsure:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Someone should create and share a map (by country) of how many people were shot dead
by the police across Latin America for violating the curfews that were put in place during Covid.

Reactions: rover and Manuel01

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Is anyone still worried about covid?
Those on Medicare who go into hospitals or recovery facilities in the US should be, where the hospitals still get 20% premium in Medicare billing if the "admit Covid infected patients".
This has happened to a friend of mine with a heart condition, which he believes were caused by his 3 Covid vaccinations. Each time he goes for heart related issues they admit him as a Covid patient.

Why should a patient care? Because then they force Paxlovid treatment on you which can have severe damaging effects on kidneys and liver, especially for elderly patients, which of course are those on Medicare. This happened to my sister as well. And apparently Covid rebound is more likely after taking Paxlovid.
Pfizer makes Paxlovid. They made $13 billion last year on this drug and charge $530 just for supplying the Paxlovid pills for each patient's 5-day treatment (15 tablets ) under a government contract. Those at less risk (stronger kidneys) are given double dosing. (30 pills)
I have not heard of Paxlovid being used in DR, but would not be surprised to find Pfizer pushing it here as well.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Here's an interesting story of how one poor woman's husband died after the hospital forced him on Covid "pritovsk" and killed him with Remdesivir and intubation. A guy who walked into an urgent care.
What surprised me is the average cost hospitals bill for a "Complex Covid Patient" is over $296,000 !
I DOUBT monoclonal antibodies are available in DR - fortunately and likely not much Remdesivir either

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Here's an interesting story of how one poor woman's husband died after the hospital forced him on Covid "pritovsk" and killed him with Remdesivir and intubation. A guy who walked into an urgent care.
What surprised me is the average cost hospitals bill for a "Complex Covid Patient" is over $296,000 !
I DOUBT monoclonal antibodies are available in DR - fortunately and likely not much Remdesivir either

Do your really believe this is the whole story of this man's health background? How can you make a judgement decision when his wife has 6000 pages of documentation? Utter nonsense.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Let's not forget I got the Pfizer shot and had two minor strokes a few days later. Coincidence? I think not.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Do your really believe this is the whole story of this man's health background? How can you make a judgement decision when his wife has 6000 pages of documentation? Utter nonsense.
I have a close friend living it. He was hospitalized against his will told he had Covid but doesn't think he did.
Hospital wouldn't let him leave. Finally a friend had to come with clothes to sneak him out.
6000 pages is nothing when a hospital is padding their bills and covering their ass for the man's death.
Many people want to be gullible - they can go ahead because this won't be the last pandemic they plan and P. T. Barnum will be proved right again.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Let's not forget I got the Pfizer shot and had two minor strokes a few days later. Coincidence? I think not.
My sister the exact same and her 50 year old son, although about 20 days after their vaccines. She's recovered but her son still has some immobilization and pain.
Do you have lingering effects?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Covid was a great success if a hoax. So we should have had many more by now…hmm
The best success and it should apply to people worldwide including DR, is they are now going to be much harder to scam and will not blindly follow the 'experts' on masks, lock downs and forced vaccines. That's the best Woke I can imagine.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
My sister the exact same and her 50 year old son, although about 20 days after their vaccines. She's recovered but her son still has some immobilization and pain.
Do you have lingering effects?
The only thing I've noticed is memory issues (Why did I come to the kitchen?) and my new IDGAF attitude towards my vehicles. I sure wasn't like that before.
I do have a few other issues I prefer not to mention here.

Last edited:

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The only thing I've noticed is memory issues (Why did I come to the kitchen?) and my new IDGAF attitude towards my vehicles. I sure wasn't like that before.
I've never been vaxed and Lord willing never will be, but I do have those same memory issues.

"Why did I get out of bed this morning?"
"Why did I go to the gym?"

Funny thing though, I never have this problem with food.

Reactions: jd426

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I've recently developed a I don't give a Fart attitude to my vehicle. Dog hair - no problem, tree trippings - all natural, dirty exterior - too much work to wash. But I will still change the oil.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I've recently developed a I don't give a Fart attitude to my vehicle. Dog hair - no problem, tree trippings - all natural, dirty exterior - too much work to wash. But I will still change the oil.
If you knew how much I used to baby mine, you'd get a better idea. I'm talking about eat off the engine clean and always freshly washed.

I've always been an explorer type with trips all over the island and now they sit for weeks at a time.

I've gotta consider getting rid of a couple of them.

cars2.jpg
cars1.jpg

Last edited: