DR & NASAL “SALT” RINSES mix ( nasal irrigation )

Status
Not open for further replies.

rey

Jan 2, 2007
DR related question / concern:

So in the USA 🇺🇸 there it’s very popular product call “NEIL MED SINUS RINSE MIX” it’s basically a tiny packets of special salt mix which you mix with DISTILLED water and rinse your nose with …. Actually #1 product sold for nasal irrigation for the last 23 years

I have gone thru every possible pharmacy in DR and nobody knows what that is or where I can get it at …. DOES ANY ONE HERE knows where to buy this “salt packages mix ” at ? It doesn’t have to be the same BRAND

Or does anyone one knows if there it’s an alternative product I can use for nasal rinses ?

Thanks

PS: I recently had nasal polyps removal surgery and according to my doctor NASAL IRRIGATION it’s a must for me for the next 6 Months OR my recent surgery will be a failure.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
yes, I saw them in the pharmacy in union medica center, one for babies and one for adults. I am sure other pharmacy will have them.

Reactions: rey

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Most of us here, the old farts, surely remember our mamas doing this...mixing table salt with water and using a squeeze bulb up the nose. (That disgusting practice was replaced by the stick up your nose for the covid test) There is also a nettle cup(?) that I saw years ago but never used. This "new" product doesn't sound very new to me.

rey

Jan 2, 2007
Most of us here, the old farts, surely remember our mamas doing this...mixing table salt with water and using a squeeze bulb up the nose. (That disgusting practice was replaced by the stick up your nose for the covid test) There is also a nettle cup(?) that I saw years ago but never used. This "new" product doesn't sound very new to me.
Good input

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Neti Pot. I’d think he could use saline solution too.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
People who buy them on Amazon swear by them.

Rey, If one pharmacy has them, you can be sure all pharmacies have them. Check with one of the bigger chains.

Aug 21, 2007
I agree with a good swim in the ocean. Or a Nettie pot which I use with my own tap water since it is filtered. But if you do not have filtered water, use distilled.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
DR related question / concern:

So in the USA 🇺🇸 there it’s very popular product call “NEIL MED SINUS RINSE MIX” it’s basically a tiny packets of special salt mix which you mix with DISTILLED water and rinse your nose with …. Actually #1 product sold for nasal irrigation for the last 23 years

I have gone thru every possible pharmacy in DR and nobody knows what that is or where I can get it at …. DOES ANY ONE HERE knows where to buy this “salt packages mix ” at ? It doesn’t have to be the same BRAND

Or does anyone one knows if there it’s an alternative product I can use for nasal rinses ?

Thanks

PS: I recently had nasal polyps removal surgery and according to my doctor NASAL IRRIGATION it’s a must for me for the next 6 Months OR my recent surgery will be a failure.
Just go in the sea it's all natural

Status
Not open for further replies.