DR on the rise?

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
sounds like you've had a rough time with your land, Golo. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I think though, that people buying condo units in well run projects by reputable developers face far less possibility of title problems. This isn't to say that there is no chance... just that the chances are less. I'd always advise buyers to use the services of a good lawyer, and maybe possibly title insurance as well. The BIGGEST thing though, is to know who you're doing business with, (agents and owners), and to be sure they are forthright and honest. Common sense and some life experience will go a long way in listening to your instincts when deciding who to do business with.

yanandu

Banned
Jan 23, 2011
As always take care. Certainly small established property is safer than large estates.
New legal processes are in place that should clear up many problems.

Yanandu

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Buying in the DR

Hi:

Without a doubt the DR is the best real estate value in the Caribbean. It is the second largest island in the Caribbean and had the biggest economic growth rate of any country in Latin America, which includes the Caribbean, Central and South America in 2010. There is a lot of negative press and some of it deserved about the current Fernandez administration however a couple things that they have gotten right is attracting foreign investment and tourism growth. This brings a lot a of "dollars" into the Dominican Economy which in turn allows the government to spend money on things like the Santo Domingo-Samana Highway, El Catey Airport and road repair around the Island. Buying property is a relatively easy process here. Also, a major factor is the flying distance from North American Airports in the US and Canada. It is currently a buyers market here and the types and number of properties are varied and many. No I am not a realtor but I do own property on the Samana Peninsula and the future is bright here. Do your homework, take time and investigate your options, and consider an investment in the DR. It's the smart money bet.

S