Dr1 members, have at it.

islandgirl2

Jan 28, 2006
well said Zulu...I will most definitely keep her preoccupied with bigger and better things. Only time will tell I assume. Thanks everyone for the helpful input.

and pollogringo...absolutely. He would get what he wants from her and move onto the next, but I am almost certain he has no plans of leaving his fiance or he would have done it already.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
She is under the impression that he will leave the fiance in time...although he won't. They have a family. He may be a two-timing sleeze, but I am sure that his intentions are to stay with her. Would be a shock for her to know what her husband to-be has been up to. I feel bad for her as well...

Get it into your head, just because a relationship is in your head for some strange reason does not mean that there is in his head. He is ignoring you and getting married. FFS, not exactly subtle hints are they?

I feel sorry for the guy, he must be terrified.

Reese

Oct 5, 2010
There is nothing you or anyone on this planet can say to her to make her leave him alone. All you can do at this point is hope the lesson she is about to learn will not bankrupt her financially and emotionally. Be there for her when she needs you. But be warned the more you try to convince her and she is not willing to except it could cause her to stop telling you what is really going on with them and then she will only have him in her ear with no voice of reason. So be careful how hard you push her to not be with him.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
so whatchoo been doing the last 6 six years- come back and ask again in another 6 when I can be bothered to read it

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I hope you are religious, because all you can do is Pray.

Your sis gave 500 USD to a engaged/married man, is now ready to marry the man who is simply not that into her ....

All of that without even having caught a glimpse of his d*ck !

Imagine the day she gets a taste of it.:cool:

Just pray.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
wow...sad. The things people in this world are capable of never ceases to amaze me

What does that mean, people do what is necessary to get bye, that's a sad thing? Sorry, the sad thing is those who do not understand the situations you get into and then try to reverse the fault onto the other.

Is a dog bad for killing the cat that walks in front of him, or is the cat stupid for being there in the first place?

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
The guy has shagged out on her. He probably needed five hondos for the wedding. Maybe when your sister sees his wedding pics on facebook she will wake up.

You are blaming this guy like he went and seduced your sister when it was she who returned and was chasing him!!!!!!! Dont blame the rain for being wet.

Your sister sounds to me like she needs a bit of mental help. Who sends money to someone engaged to someone else?

if you yourself have been through this route maybe your family should pick a new place to vacation.

Are you Canadian?

Last edited:

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
It's hard to believe that your sister allowed you to go on a public forum and devulge
her personal business.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Guys, you're ignoring the most likely scenario: not only is the OP's sister obviously being sankified, that other girl in NY is being sankified by him too. He's trying to find his way to NY and had two options. He was surely beggin the other girl to marry him as much as he was begging the gringa. The so-called fiancee fell first, so he's dumping the gringa. Don't tell me you haven't seen this happen tons of times!

islandgirl2

Jan 28, 2006
My sister is not aware that anything is up on the internet yet. I was hoping that other people could give her insight on a topic they clearly know a lot about. People don't always listen to their closest friends or family. It is sometimes put into better perspective if a stranger who does not know the person gives their 2 cents on a situation, and thats my 2 cents.

and yes, I do believe that it is sad for others to treat others unfairly to get by. Thats my opinion. Agree or disagree, the choice is your own.

If some of you believe that she is the villain, I respect that. She is being naive without a doubt, but he is no angel, and I refuse to make excuses for someone who two times anyone, especially his spouse/family.

Castle, thanks for the input, and thanks for the others who are contributing useful advice.

islandgirl2

Jan 28, 2006
fair enough, giveadogahome, you don't have to contribute any further if this is all rubbing you the wrong way. Have a good night.

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
If some of you believe that she is the villain, I respect that. She is being naive without a doubt, but he is no angel, and I refuse to make excuses for someone who two times anyone, especially his spouse/family.

Your sister knew he was engaged chased him ( Im sure they screwed but u stick to your version) gave him a wad of cash and skyped with him every day and he is a sleaze? Think about that.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
fair enough, giveadogahome, you don't have to contribute any further if this is all rubbing you the wrong way. Have a good night.

Now let's not talk about people rubbing each other the right or wrong way here, obviously you are lacking talent in this area or maybe Romeo wouldn't have done a bunk for the nearest exit.:rolleyes: Sorry!

You feel it unfair to treat someone unfairly to get what you need to survive? Hahahaha! Have you ever experienced life at all? I suggest you look in the immediate area around you and I promise you someone has suffered unfairly to get that cell phone in your hand, that TV on your table and that diamond on your finger (not to mention the suffering in your freezer) You can not possibly know anything about the lives of poor people if you consider desperation does not relax guilty emotion, cause it does.
And is it not a bit unfair to offer this guy money only if he will put up with you giving it to him in person? Of which he has turned down which speaks volumes about who is in the wrong here. So come on, grow up and have a crush on Brad Pitt, if you want the novelty black guy then try Akon, I dunno. But you get my point.

By the way, if your sister does not know you are on the net posting this, how can it benefit her, it is you who are reading it. Don't answer that as like I said initially, it is obvious.
Now I can say gunight:glasses:

islandgirl2

Jan 28, 2006
lets not go to extremes here. I understand full well the hardships that those who live in poverty have to face. My parents lived it first hand before they sent us here to give us a better life. Think about the comments you make before you go assuming that people haven't experienced life or pain at all.

and thanks, I'll stick to the novelty white guy I married and he can stick to the novelty black girl he married.

night night

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Ok, it's your sister, you say stupid things but it's my fault you can't think while you speak (write), you have lived a tough life yet visit punta Cana regularly and seem to know what your sisters expression was like when he told her blah blah even though he was in the DR and you were in the US with your white husband who you are now married to after being in relationships with sankies in DR. Ok, I was wrong, you have convinced me, I am ashamed of myself.

Im remembering why I don't even bother with these pathetic threads anymore, what a waste of fingerprints!

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Love is a powerful thing but the love here is not for your sister sorry to say but for his fiance that he wants to buy the expensive item for.