DR1 message board warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Problem fixed!

The software we use to archive and manage old posts had a bug that was exploited.

Thanks to CFA123 for making me aware of this! :)

The bug has now been patched and all should be ok.
If you experience any problems, please post in this thread or PM me.

Apologies to those that had issues, some times the cat has too many mouses to chase :)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
actually it was me lol but you ignored me !

I didn't ignore you, I just couldn't duplicate the error and 95% of the problems usually revolve around viruses or spyware (PC issues). When someone on a Mac has a similar problem, then I know it's a good chance it's our side.

This time it was my bad and wrongly assumed it was more of the same, apologies.

Fortunately CFA123 sent me a PM pointing me in the direction of the vBSEO and I was able to patch the problem.

If you have anymore issues, be sure to post them here.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Robert,
I've heard that JR is still experiencing the problem.

(JR... that should help garner some attention to your plight. Now, where's my sock?)

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
aguaazure,
robert and DR1 are evil, but not THAT evil. ;)

i don't doubt what you're reporting, but i hazard to guess that your computer problem is totally unrelated to dr1.

and a panama registry is not unusual or an indicator of anything improper. same way a lot of corporations in the u.s. are registered in delaware or nevada... it provides certain benefits & since it can be done, why not do it?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Robert,
I've heard that JR is still experiencing the problem.

(JR... that should help garner some attention to your plight. Now, where's my sock?)

This has NOW been fixed! Mistakenly I re-imported the old XML that had all our settings, along with the funky hijacking code :(

If you have anymore problems, please let me know.

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
SERIOUS problems with the site. If you use Firefox and WOT (safe browser add on) which you should, and google dr1.com, every link is advising that the site is unsafe.

I have a new laptop, updated Norton and was hijacked after visiting the site. (The only sites I view are standard news and political blogs.) I had to reformat the hard drive and was immediately hijacked again, completely disabling computer and my CD/DVD drive so I cannot even reboot from the recovery disk. I called Toshiba, they tried to walk me through the repair and told me my computer was hijacked beyond repair and that I needed to take it to the Toshiba dealer in SD.

If you search "whois" for DR1, they are registered in Panama! (very interesting), though the server is in the US. One can only wonder what the ulterior motive is, when the site is so seemingly beneficial to those in need of the know.

Yes we had a site issue with a re-direct, nothing malicious, it happens, it's now fixed. If you had to re-format your drive, my guess is you had bigger issues. Sorry to hear about your Toshiba, my advice, get a Mac :)

If you had been around DR1 for the past 12 years you will know it's rare. We do a pretty good job of serving 10,000+ unique visitors daily, mailing 15,000+ daily etc etc etc :)

Yes, we have a company in Panama, had it for years.
Have also have one in the DR and the USA, and your point is?

I thought so... Next!

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
This has NOW been fixed! Mistakenly I re-imported the old XML that had all our settings, along with the funky hijacking code :(

If you have anymore problems, please let me know.

There you go, JR. I got it fixed for you.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
we may have just hit upon the one exception to the rule that any sox is better than no sox at all.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Well Robert, thanks for just now noticing (after 12 years) and *fixing* the problem, however, do you have any idea why WOT (Firefox browser warning) still provides warnings about the site? WOT users report serious problems with the site. Not intending to personally attack you but very curious about the site status. (Panama Inc., yo comprende.)

My *next* point? Your flippant attitude regarding net security is not appreciated. WOT is like the BBB. And your site fails miserably!

The problem was not 12 years old, go back and re-read my post.
It was a recent issue (June 1, 2010, see the thread start date.

We had a re-direct bug, it was not malicious. At first I assumed it was spyware which is true 99% of the times, especially when it cannot be duplicated on a Mac. In this particular case, a poster PM'd me yesterday with some specific details that helped me fix the problem ASAP!

Please show me the other times that we have had problems with DR1 and it has caused people to get viruses, spyware, whatever? Exactly, you can't.
Your Toshiba story is BS, just trying to stir the pot a little.

Your remark about Panama was not meant to be an innocent comment, you know that, you are just being a dick.

Botton line, you're a sock-puppet that registered your username the other day, so you could stir crap on DR1.

Bye.........

Glad we got that out of the way :)

Thread closed. If you have any more issues, feel free to start a new thread.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.