Dress code for medical exam/bank appointment

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
NO banks allow baseball caps or sunglasses, they need to see your mug for the camera.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
This country needs to remember where it is, the Caribbean for gods sakes and relax with the dress code. Hell, we occasionally use the gym on the military base (although admittedly the Mrs more than me) and women are not allowed to wear shorts........................................................................in a gym!!!!

No shorts at the gym does seem a bit excessive, but what you gonna do?

I agree with the rest though. While it might seem extreme to some (long pants, no t-shirts, no flip flops, etc) you can also go to the extreme in the other direction. I do not like the "sloppy" look. Unless I'm headed for the beach, I dress like a Dominican.

And a lot goes to upbringing. As a kid, I don't remember wearing t-shirts as outerwear. It was underwear.

James Dean and Madona are directly responsible for the current underwear as outwear fad.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
NO banks allow baseball caps or sunglasses, they need to see your mug for the camera.

You and I are idiots........... it seems all the bank customers - except us - can go incognito...

Every time I make a 'bomb' joke when boarding a plane they pull me over..... why??

Rainwater

Jan 23, 2013
@ OP, Hillbilly said it best, dress trustworthy.

@ William Webster, it only occurred to me later that it was a security issue. I usually take off my sunglasses as soon as I walk inside anyway, but I was searching for my wallet in that absent-minded way, so together with the cap I mustve looked like I was reaching for a weapon! DOH!

@ Chirimoya, oh gawd. Yesterday at Edeste the woman in front of me had a belly blouse & tight lowrider jeans. All of it three sizes too small, like the Grinch's heart.