Driver for the day next Thursday

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
Hello board buds.

Looking for a reliable driver for the day next Thursday. Need a pickup at the airport in Santiago mid-morning with transportation to Imbert where I will be spending the day. Around 5 pm I need onward transportation to Costambar. No other stops. L

English speaking, email and/or text reading driver preferred. Most important is reliable and trustworthy (not looking for diversions or stops just point to point transport).

Please send recommendations through this post or private message.

Thanks,

RMS

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hey 171,

I know of one,but little English, very nice guy, name is Fabio. Let me know if you want his number..There is another, never used him, but speake English, name is Johnny, have his card, but I don't know him like I know Fabio. Fabio if my guy here in POP as Ramon is in SD..

Ah, Speake English..Screw it, not fixing it..:bunny:

Anthony

Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Did you mean to insert the comma -- I don't think so.
Reads better w/o the punctuation

It's too bad you also missed my typo in recommendation, it's an apostrophe that was left out, not a comma. Did you go to school in Canada?

PS: Pedro / YSD's email bounced, so I assume he hung up his driving gloves.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I saw the reco typo but let it slide..... the comma after recommendation shouldn't be there... to make it read the way you intended.

Skynet's is the missing apostrophe------- correcto ?

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
If you are interested, I can refer you to my regular taxi driver, who has been my driver since 2001. He speaks English, has a cell phone and is working on a price quote. I told him pickup in Santiago, trip to Imbert + waiting time then on to Costambar. He'll have a price for me tomorrow if you are interested. PM me for this cell number.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
If you are interested, I can refer you to my regular taxi driver, who has been my driver since 2001. He speaks English, has a cell phone and is working on a price quote. I told him pickup in Santiago, trip to Imbert + waiting time then on to Costambar. He'll have a price for me tomorrow if you are interested. PM me for this cell number.

hi, Profe. glad to see you got back safely. see you tomorrow.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
My driver gave me a quote of $4000 pesos for a pickup in Santiago, travel to Imbert, waiting in Imbert and then onward travel toCostambar.

I think that is pretty close to the airport taxi cost of a Santiago-Puerto Plata trip with no stopovers. If you want him to pick you up, let me know so we can coordinate.

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
Thank you to everyone for the recommendations.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk -

Last edited by a moderator: