Driver from Punta Cana to Sosua round trip

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
I was actually researching this route because there are a few more flights from Europe coming to Punta Cana now that might suit me better than going to POP. But they land in the evening, so a night sleep is almost essential.

I found another tour operator that offers $365 one way - pm me for info if needed or just search the web.

But I had another idea, how about renting a car in PC airport and then drop it the next day at POP airport !? Most big rental companies asking for $370 or so because of the drop off location and mileage. But I found one so far that offers it for about $110 (add to that a tank of petrol) and that is not bad.

I am still trying to find some local rentals as oppose to large international companies, but this option might actually not be good for a small outfit, larger companies with big fleet might care less, I need to check more...

I might consider this, going through the new highway it should be under 6 hours, but I would not drive at night, so a night stop is still needed. What do you think, any issues - except having to drive of course !!!? But I don't mind that, hopefully can do the same and come back...