Driving Directions Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata!

Scorpio70

Sep 2, 2006
driving from santo domingo to puerto plata

I have been to dr 9 times and i have flown into santo domingo and santiago i have driven to puerto plata 4 times 2 from santo domingo and 2 from santiago i have never had any problems i don't know exactly the highway numbers but i know there is no dead bodies on the roadway and the highways were in very good conditions. if you are driving from santo domingo just ask anyone at the airport they will put you on the main roadway to puerto plata. First you drive about 2 hours from santo domingo to santiago the signs are clearly marked in english.Once you get to santiago you see the clearly marked signs to puerto plata just follow the sings and they will take you straight there.

Scorpio70

Sep 2, 2006

also if you are going from santo domingo there are no toll roads the only toll is when you are returning to the airport in santo domingo

Scorpio70

Sep 2, 2006

i left you info. it is not difficult to drive from santo domingo to puerto plata i have driven there before. when you leave santo domingo the roads are marked. Take the road to santiago when you get to santiago the road is marked to puerto plata. The people there are nice people they will help you and not everyone is looking to rob you or kill you. I have traveled to dr 9 times and never had a problem.

kman1

Dec 7, 2009
GPS units are avaialbe by ola gps at the SDQ airport for 10$ a day. I used it and it works average at best inside the city. Works better on the highways.

prostyleproductions

Jun 8, 2010
should i do it

hello im reading a older post and im also from tampa wanting to retire in dr can you please let me know what you found when you got there i have not been there but have been reading alot about is it worth doing