Driving licences and insurance

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Instead of handing over your home country's license, just say "I don't have one" or "I lost it". The Dominican drivers license people don't care. Just take the test (if they want to give it to you) , and presto -you have a DR license. I showed my cedula and no problems after that.

When I last renewed my DR license, I also had new bifocals. They gave me the eye exam in La Sirena on Ave. Lincoln, I couldn't adjust the glasses to read anything in their machine, and the lady just smiled and said no problem , and gave me the new license.

Sometimes it's an advantage to be a gringo here, as long as you 're nice to them.

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Instead of handing over your home country's license, just say "I don't have one" or "I lost it". The Dominican drivers license people don't care. Just take the test (if they want to give it to you) , and presto -you have a DR license. I showed my cedula and no problems after that.

When I last renewed my DR license, I also had new bifocals. They gave me the eye exam in La Sirena on Ave. Lincoln, I couldn't adjust the glasses to read anything in their machine, and the lady just smiled and said no problem , and gave me the new license.

Sometimes it's an advantage to be a gringo here, as long as you 're nice to them.

What if you don`t have a cedula and only a work Visa...whats the process then...