Drug mules travelling with children??????

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Good news for the children, at least. Thanks Laura for looking into it and for reporting back.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
4 - and - a - half kilos is too much I suppose for it to be a decoy and they to be sacrificial lambs.

4.5 kilos of cocaine is absolutely nothing to an international drug trafficker, especially at that particular end of the pipeline from Colombia to the DR.

If its' used as a decoy for an even larger shipment, then it becomes less than nothing.

It would be a bigger deal for a local street dealer here in the US to lose that type of stash, but that is because a street dealer is paying the highest mark-up percentage by the time it gets to him, as he is the last link in the chain before it gets to the customer.

To give you an example, if you know the right person you can get a kilo of cocaine in Colombia ranging anywhere from $500 US to as low as $50 US(like I said, it all depends on who you know and how close you are to the jungles where the stuff is produced).

This is why Dominicans get paid in product that they then have to sell in the DR-its' cheaper for the Colombians to pay in cocaine than in cash.

Want to know how much money there is in trafficking? The drug cartels in Colombia can lose 90% of all their shipments sent abroad and STILL rake in a profit.

So it is nothing for a trafficker to lose such a relatively small amount if it means diverting attention from an even bigger shipment that gets through undetected.

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
There were rumours about them being sacrificial lambs for a much larger shipment that got through, don't know what this was based on.

That was me trying to keep an open mind until they have been proven guilty! Plus being aware that other DR based airport rings have been busted recently so new outlets are needed.
http://hosted.ap.org/specials/interactives/_documents/smuggling_complaint.pdf

'Possibilities' is probably more accurate terminology than rumours. Just trying to avoid a rush to judgement.

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
Here is another more recent case no children involve in this one.

DNCD detiene belga e italiano viajar?ana Madrid con coca?na
- 10/7/2008

SANTO DOMINGO.- La direcci?n Nacional de Control de Drogas inform? que agentes de esa instituci?n detuvieron a un belga de origen dominicano y un italiano cuando trataban de viajar a Madrid, Espa?a, el primero con dos paquetes de coca?na en su equipaje, y el segundo con el est?mago lleno de c?psulas de la misma sustancia.

La DNCD identific? a los arrestados como Jipson Polanco C?ceres y Walter Jeferson Dicl?, de 20 y 28 a?os, respectivamente, ambos sorprendidos en el Aeropuerto Internacional Las Am?ricas (AILA) antes de abordar los vuelos 6500 y UX-0088, de Iberia y Air Europa, con destino a la capital espa?ola.

Se inform? que Dilcl? ha expulsado 37 bolsas en el Hospital Central de las Fuerzas Armadas.

Polanco C?ceres fue entregado a la Fiscal?a de la Provincia Santo Domingo, para que sea sometido a la justicia, mientras Dilcl? se encuentra en el hospital militar hasta que concluya el proceso de expulsi?n, indica el informe de la entidad antinarc?ticos.

“Los dos extranjeros ser?n sometidos a la justicia por narcotr?fico internacional. Ahora nuestros investigadores est?n tratando de ubicar qui?nes los contrataron para llevar esa droga a Europa, porque no hay dudas de que estamos frente a dos mulas”, indica la nota de prensa.

Otros detenidos en las ?ltimas horas, son Domingo Valdez Guzm?n, conocido en San Crist?bal como Brooklyn, en el vecindario del mercado p?blico. A Valdez Guzm?n les fueron ocupadas tres porciones de coca?na.

Adem?s, Ignacio Cuello Romero y Bernardo Jim?nez Ravelo, con 7 porciones de crack y 8 de marihuana, Esteban Javier Espinosa, con 2 paquetes medianos de marihuana, en tanto que en Los Alcarrizos cay? Daniel Berig?ete Romero.

Otros arrestados, estos en Santo Domingo Oeste, son Juan Carlos Ramos, en Villa Francisca Alexander Santiago Echavarr?a, en Mendoza Juan Carlos Mart?nez, Rafael Vicioso y en Brisas del Este Jos?as Santana Guevara, todos con cantidades diversas de coca?na, marihuana y crack.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Somewhere in the region of between 3 and 8 cases a month of foreigners arrested for attempted muling are reported in the papers. Then there are those not reported.

Tallman, I think you're better to put the link rather than a copy/paste because of copyright issues.

Feb 7, 2007
Daily Express | World News :: Couple held over drug trafficking

hi laurajane. just go's to show that. without you and DR1. I for one would be in the dark. welldone.

From the same news article:

The Foreign Office was unable to confirm reports that the woman's two sons, aged five and seven, had been taken into care at an orphanage.

Are they reading DR1? And publishing the rumors and speculations we discuss? Robert! DR1 is a source for international journalism! :)

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
Somewhere in the region of between 3 and 8 cases a month of foreigners arrested for attempted muling are reported in the papers. Then there are those not reported.

Tallman, I think you're better to put the link rather than a copy/paste because of copyright issues.

I know, I try to copy this link but my server keeps having problems, I?ll see if I can get it fix before I try to post another one of this.
The reason I do this is because I want more and more people to became aware of how dangerous this drug mulling business really is.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Both Kelly Carrigan and Daniel Patterson were sentenced to 8 years today.

I have been involved in the case since October and i can assure you that The young lady is totally innocent and has been through and seems will continue to go through a terrible ordeal.

The children were in an Orphanage for a little over a week and then collected by the grandparents.

After what i have seen today and over the last nine months, DO NOT GET YOURSELF IN TROUBLE IN THE DR!!!!!!!!

Both Kelly Carrigan and Daniel Patterson were sentenced to 8 years today.

I have been involved in the case since October and i can assure you that The young lady is totally innocent and has been through and seems will continue to go through a terrible ordeal.

The children were in an Orphanage for a little over a week and then collected by the grandparents.

After what i have seen today and over the last nine months, DO NOT GET YOURSELF IN TROUBLE IN THE DR!!!!!!!!

Dont know the particulars of the case but it is wise to make sure you know who you are traveling with very good to avoid these problems and also if you are using or doing or transporting drugs in the DR you are in for a world of pain in their legal system. You can make a phone call or pay people off for most anything but once they get you with narcotics the price of poker goes through the roof. If you need to use drugs while on vacation I would reccomend you using another destination other than DR.