E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We are talking about the E Ticket in the Dominican Republic, and that is what I am giving you first hand information on. Not the whole World..........................Thousands of people arrive every day at PUJ without the E Ticket and waltz in, same goes for out.................
Will it ever be mandatory to have an E Ticket?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Will it ever be mandatory to have an E Ticket?
Not possible. You have about 50 flights a day just into PUJ from all over the World. No way they can deny entry or exit to someone who did not fill out a form they might not even know exists. And the DR depends on tourism mostly to PUJ where all different tourists with different languages and lifestyles come to the DR. You cannot expect to get anywhere near 100% compliance with this. It is here to speed up Customs with whoever has it, and it will remain that way.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I just flew from POP back to the States on American, I had my eticket and no one asked for it or wanted to see it! I offered but they told me to put it away.
Exact same thing at PUJ. They wanted paper not the E-Ticket.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I'm beginning to believe that anything that any government here says, is just a pipe dream. Especially when it involves technology or common sense.
Yep, E-Ticket, Cabarete Bypass, Helmets with stickers, vests-helmet-licenes-insurance-registration, enforcing immigration laws, CV19 vaccine restrictions, etc. etc. etc.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Yep, E-Ticket, Cabarete Bypass, Helmets with stickers, vests-helmet-licenes-insurance-registration, enforcing immigration laws, CV19 vaccine restrictions, etc. etc. etc.

I won't argue your conclusions but I'm not understanding why. Luis seems like a bright guy. My only guess is that they have incompetents entrenched in the government that can't or won't solve the problems. They come up with ideas and then can't do the details to have them successfully implemented.

Last edited by a moderator:

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
In fairness they have made a curfew stick for over a year, that's way longer than it would have lasted in most other countries.

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
I won't argue your conclusions but I'm not understanding why. Luis seems like a bright guy. My only guess is that they have incompetents entrenched in the government that can't or won't solve the problems. They come up with ideas and then can't do the details to have them successfully implemented.
The DR administration is already having a hard time just running the day-to-day business..... In addition, an implementation plan to manage a pandemic and to facilitate testing/vaccinations is too much to ask..... People in the Administration are mainly working to manage one's own affairs. Nothing new, except that the common man/woman is and will remain the victim once again.

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In fairness they have made a curfew stick for over a year, that's way longer than it would have lasted in most other countries.
I am truly astonished that the people have accepted it as much as they have regarding the curfew. Of course there are those that say some areas never pay attention to any restrictions, etc. I expected huelgas after a month or two but the population is far more complicit than I ever imagined.

Oh, I forgot the new annual gun "re-licensing from scratch" annual renewals in my list of well thought out things in a previous post.

I guess the E-Ticket thread can be closed unless and until it ever becomes a requirement.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I learned.this.... a family only needs ONE form...

First question - Are traveling alone ?

List all family members on one.........
Up to six people can be added on one E-Ticket unlike the paper version which requires one (well, more than one form for each) per person. Most families have less than six people, so for those travelling as a family one E-Ticket will do.

The moment your passport is scanned they can see on their computer screen your E-Ticket information, name, address, flight, visas, etc. That's the reason they don't ask as often to hand them an itinerary of your flight, they can see it on the screen.

It's similar to prtially filling a form online and then not proceeding. If you already put things such as your email, it's not required to press the "send" botton for them to get it. In fact, that's the reason you then get junk mail from a site where you didn't submit the information and only filled a part of it.

Last edited:

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
But some people here are saying that they still want you to complete the paper form. Is that correct?

I think some airlines are still giving out the paper forms, but all airports are accepting the e-Ticket. If you have got an e-Ticket they don't ask for a paper form as well at the airports.

Reactions: ALLOR925 and johne

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I think some airlines are still giving out the paper forms, but all airports are accepting the e-Ticket. If you have got an e-Ticket they don't ask for a paper form as well at the airports.
Basically, in a nutshell, stated another way, for the 177th time, IF YOU HAVE AN E-TICKET THEY DON'T ASK YOU YOU FOR ANYTHING. It's really simple. I was one of the first posters here that had a problem with this and debated the subject. But, I debated the tread title and the word "must ". I'm over that now and I'm a fan of the e-tic because it is fast, easy, less confusing as to what pocket I have the blue paper, the white paper, the "small one or the big one"...LOL.
As Nike says "Just Do It".

Reactions: ALLOR925

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So, until the E-Ticket is actually required to board any plane anywhere, which it obviously isn't need anywhere at this time, this thread could actually be closed since it has no real information anymore.

Reactions: SKY and ALLOR925

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
So, until the E-Ticket is actually required to board any plane anywhere, which it obviously isn't need anywhere at this time, this thread could actually be closed since it has no real information anymore.
And according to the title it never did from day one.............................................