E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
What I think problem is that all crew is not well informed yet when flying into DR about it, United airlines also send the link by email to fill out the E-Ticket together with covid info.

Attachments

• 9B136D90-35C7-41E7-995D-0693C6CED723.png
    9B136D90-35C7-41E7-995D-0693C6CED723.png
    791.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 90674838-8218-4542-B184-0EBB97869276.png
    90674838-8218-4542-B184-0EBB97869276.png
    768.7 KB · Views: 107

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
The AA agent asked at check in if I had a E-ticket for entering the DR, upon arrival (AZS) immigration did not want it but aduanas did, they scanned it, all my info flashed across the screen and was on my way. Aduanas was collecting the old paper version for those that did not have the electronic version.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
It says there will be wireless internet available at all airports to fill out the E-Ticket when you arrive. Sounds like the paper forms will become harder to get(?).
Its a matter of time that papers to fill will be gone, the implementation of this form is for to have a fast track of anybody coming in or going out, also statistic information like from where is arriving exactly every body, when some body arrive with conection in Panama they used to get the form in the leg PTY-SDQ and the info shows they arrived from Panama but the truth is they are not coming from Panama, new online form ask you about if you have a connecting flight and where.

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Will it ever be mandatory to have an E Ticket?
It may very well be, just that every thing implements at a slower rate on the island..once all the old paper forms are used up, kinks are ironed out etc. maybe then they will communicate to the airlines that it is a requirement to enter, and the airlines will become the "police"

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I think the reason they are installing internet in all the customs areas is because they are getting push back from the airlines. Didn't fill out the E-Ticket before you left? No problem. Connect to the internet at immigration and fill it out there.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Fine airlines that allow anyone in their DR bound airplanes without filling the e-Ticket before boarding and watch airlines get serious about the matter. Everybody and their mother will arrive in the DR with an e-Ticket already filled and ready. Airlines are very good at not allowing every non-Dominican citizen or non-legal DR resident boarding without a return ticket. Gee, wonder why.

Reactions: MariaRubia

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Fine airlines that allow anyone in their DR bound airplanes without filling the e-Ticket before boarding and watch airlines get serious about the matter. Everybody and their mother will arrive in the DR with an e-Ticket already filled and ready. Airlines are very good at not allowing every non-Dominican citizen or non-legal DR resident boarding without a return ticket. Gee, wonder why.
Never happen. As for return tickets some do most don't. And it puts money in the airlines pocket, the E Ticket does not. No airline will deny boarding and the DR Government does not ask them to. As I said before the E ticket is to speed up immigration, not STOP it.......................................

Reactions: Garyexpat

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
American doesn't require a return ticket.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Totally unnecceasary Nals since from my simple observations people like the e tic and are using it. Why? Simple! younger people AKA (under the age of most of us here inc me) no longer use pen and pencil. How many people have you seen that no LONGER USE THEIR BOARDING PASS. They use their GPS to find their seat in row 25 A. It is what it is. How many people put their shopping list (including for the mini-market) on their phone. "Presidentes and a loaf of bread" It is what it is. This is not on the radar screen for a confortation with airlines.

Reactions: Big

Chuddy

Apr 18, 2021
New Jersey
Departed thru SDQ yesterday. The line was insane. The e-ticket had zero effect on speeding up the process. United agent eventually pulled people out of line that were going to miss their flight. Manpower was the problem, not e-ticket vs paper.

Chuddy

Apr 18, 2021
New Jersey
12:45. We arrived at SDQ at 10:50. The United agent checked us in and told us to get in line immediately. At 12:15 we were next in line so the agent had us stay in line. He helped others.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Totally unnecceasary Nals since from my simple observations people like the e tic and are using it. Why? Simple! younger people AKA (under the age of most of us here inc me) no longer use pen and pencil. How many people have you seen that no LONGER USE THEIR BOARDING PASS. They use their GPS to find their seat in row 25 A. It is what it is. How many people put their shopping list (including for the mini-market) on their phone. "Presidentes and a loaf of bread" It is what it is. This is not on the radar screen for a confortation with airlines.
true dat. and they have unusually soft doughy bodies for their age

• Haha
Reactions: Rattus_Rattus

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Looks like Colombia has it's own version of the E-Ticket. I wonder how many other countries are doing this?

-between 24 hours and 1 hour before departure, you must fill out the ‘Check-Mig’ form, available on the Migración Colombia website. You will receive a confirmation email that you will need to present upon arrival in Colombia.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Airlines are not good at all, in general, for checking if people have a return ticket who are not Dominican citizens or residents. At least that is what I have found to be true. As for the E-Ticket, it is one of those things that may never work out as planned.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I am flying at 8:45am this morning (July 10) on UAL

I was denied boarding pass online last night..... needed to physically do it thus AM
The reason was to prove I had an E-Ticket

The agent said that happens sometimes
Best to upload the document...
Which , clearly, I didn't do !

First time for everything!

Don't tell me the airlines aren't involved in the new process.... seems they are

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I am flying at 8:45am this morning (July 10) on UAL

I was denied boarding pass online last night..... needed to physically do it thus AM
The reason was to prove I had an E-Ticket

The agent said that happens sometimes
Best to upload the document...
Which , clearly, I didn't do !

First time for everything!

Don't tell me the airlines aren't involved in the new process.... seems they are
Worried, I will give you insurance. For one pack of Thomas English muffins I will pay all your expenses if denied boarding because of no E Ticket. I am serious also.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I will stand by these words:

A given airline on a given day for a given customer may or may not demand the E-Ticket.

A given airline on a given day for a given customer going to the the DR may or may not demand to see a return ticket or proof of legal residency.