E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
As a former airline employee I can assure you that an airline can refuse boarding to anyone. If an agent at the check-in counter interrupts the "rule/policy" as for example "law" then I can assure you that they can deny boarding. One of the reasons is that the airline is financially liable if they allow a passenger (s) to board/fly to a destination that they did not have the proper required documentation to enter. This can result in a rather hefty fine. With the E-ticket I think the airlines themselves are still trying to workout the kinks involved. This is why you will see more leniency regarding the E-ticket "requirement". It is a lot of paperwork to complete when you deny boarding to someone. Been there , done that.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
You are in a coma. The DR Govt. has NOT told any airline to deny boarding with no E Ticket. And they NEVER will. Look at the posts by people coming here. No one even mentions it at boarding. You can fill it out or enter with the blue form.....

I am done on this. You can post all the nonsense you want. I will eat the same breakfast tomorrow anyway................
You're reading comprehension is severely lacking. Read my post again. I never said the government told the airlines to deny boarding. I said all the airlines have been informed that an E-Ticket is required to enter the DR.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
You're reading comprehension is severely lacking. Read my post again. I never said the government told the airlines to deny boarding. I said all the airlines have been informed that an E-Ticket is required to enter the DR.

I agree entirely. The system airlines use to check entry requirements is called Timatic. You can run your own personalised check here:

And it clearly states that an e-Ticket is required. It may be that some of the US carriers are less strict about this - they are far more lax than the European carriers on most things in my experience. I just can't imagine British Airways or TUI allowing people to check-in without something they are required to have. And of course it won't hit the headlines, people are turned away from flights all the time because they don't have the correct paperwork, that's why airlines sell more tickets than they have seats available.

Reactions: windeguy

Buffness

Self-imposed banned🫢
Oct 9, 2014
It may be that some of the US carriers are less strict about this
We arrived at PUJ an hour ago …..not one mention of e-tickets by the carrier…before, during or after the flight….and on arrival , people were told to fill in the blue forms and show evidence of Covid vaccination and that was it .

Reactions: SKY

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
We arrived at PUJ an hour ago …..not one mention of e-tickets by the carrier…before, during or after the flight….and on arrival , people were told to fill in the blue forms and show evidence of Covid vaccination and that was it .
Since when was proof of a covid vaccination required to enter the DR? Which country were you coming from?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
For the people just joining this informative thread about the virtues of the E Ticket. On one side of the ledger we have many people that actually get off their couch and travel to and from the DR during this treacherous time of the E Ticket. Every one of them virtually says the same thing: If you have the E Ticket fine, if not you fill out the blue form.

On the other side of the ledger we have the "Dynamic Duo". Two people that apparently never go anywhere. This duo tells us that either now or maybe soon, or in another life you cannot come or go from the DR without this magic E Ticket. How they know is a mystery since they both go nowhere.

So the choice is yours: Believe the people that have been there, done that, or two people that go nowhere....................

• Haha
Reactions: cavok

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
For the people just joining this informative thread about the virtues of the E Ticket. On one side of the ledger we have many people that actually get off their couch and travel to and from the DR during this treacherous time of the E Ticket. Every one of them virtually says the same thing: If you have the E Ticket fine, if not you fill out the blue form.

On the other side of the ledger we have the "Dynamic Duo". Two people that apparently never go anywhere. This duo tells us that either now or maybe soon, or in another life you cannot come or go from the DR without this magic E Ticket. How they know is a mystery since they both go nowhere.

So the choice is yours: Believe the people that have been there, done that, or two people that go nowhere....................

On the one hand we have an arrogant man who refuses to listen to anyone else's opinion and evidently cannot count either. And on the other we have several, not just two, who are saying that the rules say you have to fill this in, so maybe it's a good idea not to ignore those rules.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
The family went through customs in SDQ yesterday with the E-ticket (a QR-code) on the phone of my wife. They presented the QR-code when asked and were waved through after that.

The blue immigration forms (which were also already prepared) were not necessary.
It was also not necessary to provide proof of either Vaccination or PCR test (both of which were also already prepared).

All in all the e-ticket was sufficient to enter the country (and passports of course).

Reactions: Rattus_Rattus

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
The arrival e-ticket has everything.... all 3 areas covered
Migracion
Aduana
Health statement -
no symptoms in the last 14 days - not a test, just your statement of good health

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Slightly over a week and a half ago there was a change to the PCR test proof requirements for anyone arriving from certain countries. The USA was not added, so no demanding PCR test results upon arriving. If arriving from countries such as the UK, then PCR test proofs are required again or you are not getting into the DR. Just last week Spain was added to the list too.

Reactions: cavok

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
Just noticed that they updated Air Europa´s website with this information: "Información importante para pasajeros con destino a España (o en tránsito vía Madrid), para realizar el embarque de su vuelo es necesario presentar el código QR que podrá obtener en SPAIN TRAVEL HEALTH." So with Sinovac you can get this QR code? Or you need Pfizer?

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
Just noticed that they updated Air Europa´s website with this information: "Información importante para pasajeros con destino a España (o en tránsito vía Madrid), para realizar el embarque de su vuelo es necesario presentar el código QR que podrá obtener en SPAIN TRAVEL HEALTH." So with Sinovac you can get this QR code? Or you need Pfizer?
Hmmm Is this QR code for a valid PCR test? Everything is so confusing...

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
I think you are right, Sinovac is just regarded as "emergency vaccine" in EU... But yeah so the code is for a valid PCR test you think? Would love to hear some input from people that fly into Madrid the next days.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The QR Code is for any one of the exemptions. Get it here.

So your answer is the Code is for having one of the following PCR test, Approved Vaccine or recent recovery. But you should fill this out not more than 48 hours from your flight and have the documentation with you.

Reactions: HDR

DRdreaming

Jul 29, 2014
Since when was proof of a covid vaccination required to enter the DR? Which country were you coming from?
I arrived Thursday (STI) from the US. I was stopped just before immigration and asked if I was vaccinated, and then they asked to see my card. She glanced at it and waved me through. As for the e ticket, immigration didn't ask for the QR code, customs did.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
DRdreaming

Migracion has it as soon as they scan your passport.... no need to present it - or be asked to

Aduana... they too can scan your passport or show them them your code - your choice

All the info is digital and recorded in your file

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I arrived Thursday (STI) from the US. I was stopped just before immigration and asked if I was vaccinated, and then they asked to see my card. She glanced at it and waved me through. As for the e ticket, immigration didn't ask for the QR code, customs did.
I have no doubt that is true. The DR rushed the implementation of this program and greatly overestimated how quickly they could make it effective. The site still has kinks to be worked out. Let's see what the situation is in another 3-6 months.