E-Ticket (Can't enter the DR without this)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I just did my e-ticket and was happy to see that my laptop remembered my info... less filling out
Passport/Cedula, todo

My last entry..... June... I could NOT get a boarding pass online....
After asking UAL why... they said said sometimes - if you don't upload the e-ticket, they will block the online boarding pass
Not always

So today I uploaded it

Using the UAL app.... you're prompted to take a photo... auto upload
couldn't be easier
And my boarding pass was issued for EWR..... straight in and thru......

Easy

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
1. e-ticket https://viajerodigital.mitur.gob.do/english/ - click on ' who should fill out this form' " This form must be filled out by all passengers, whether Dominican or foreign, entering or leaving the Dominican Republic."

2. Belgium entrance - https://travel.info-coronavirus.be/public-health-passenger-locator-form

" If you plan to travel to Belgium or return to Belgium after a stay abroad, you are required to:

• read the latest travel advice.
  • fill in a Passenger Locator Form in the 48 hours before your arrival in Belgium "

3. Dutch quarantine - https://www.government.nl/documents...passengers-flying-to-and-from-the-netherlands " Passengers flying to and from the Netherlands must complete documents as a Health Declaration Form. "

This all looked pretty mandatory to me

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is said to be mandatory in the DR to fill one out also. And it has already been established by ALL the DR1 people flying in and out that it is NOT mandatory. So if it is NOT mandatory in the DR, and it is FROM the DR then whatever they say about this in any other country has NO teeth.

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
It is said to be mandatory in the DR to fill one out also. And it has already been established by ALL the DR1 people flying in and out that it is NOT mandatory. So if it is NOT mandatory in the DR, and it is FROM the DR then whatever they say about this in any other country has NO teeth.
True, it's when you return your home country, not for arrival at the DR. Also the Dominican e-ticket is still to bypass when you fill in the paper form at the airport.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
The first page of the official E-Ticket website says this:
"It is a digital form required by multiple institutions for entering or leaving the national territory.

It is mandatory for each passenger to truthfully complete the information on the electronic Ticket for the General Immigration Office, the General Customs Office and the Ministry of Public Health, according to dominican laws 285-04, 115-17, 72-02 and 226-06."

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com

It is true that we were not asked for the QR-code on the way out. But we were asked to show it (and it was scanned) on the way in. This was at SDQ.

Of course my experience is only anecdotical and, like many rules in the DR, the e-ticket might not be enforced.

Either way, I just posted to share my experience so others could learn from it. I am really not here to debate about it :)

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
The first page of the official E-Ticket website says this:
"It is a digital form required by multiple institutions for entering or leaving the national territory.

It is mandatory for each passenger to truthfully complete the information on the electronic Ticket for the General Immigration Office, the General Customs Office and the Ministry of Public Health, according to dominican laws 285-04, 115-17, 72-02 and 226-06."
Sure.... as it is also mandatory to wear a seat belt and to stop at a red traffic light.

My experience, the flight I was on, and waiting more than 90 minutes in line (01.00 am arrival) to pass, not many have filled in the digital form.
I don't think there is any link between this e-ticket (imigration) and the passport.....or is there?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Sure.... as it is also mandatory to wear a seat belt and to stop at a red traffic light.

My experience, the flight I was on, and waiting more than 90 minutes in line (01.00 am arrival) to pass, not many have filled in the digital form.
I don't think there is any link between this e-ticket (imigration) and the passport.....or is there?
I have not travelled in a long while in or out of the DR, but I am going to make a wild guess that the E-Ticket is linked to your passport number. Just a guess. 😇

Reactions: ALLOR925

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It's been posted several times that it is linked to your passport. That's why immigration doesn't need to ask to see it. They know whether you do or not as soon as they swipe your passport.

Reactions: ALLOR925

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I arrived to POP last week on American Airlines. No paper forms were passed out on the plane (a first) in customs there were paper forms available,a lot of people scrambling to fill them out. then there were two lines,one for people with paper forms and one with e-ticket,there were quite a few in line with paper forms and one person and I in line to have our q-code to be scanned,easy breezy.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Is it not time to change the title of this thread, E-Ticket-Cant-Enter-the-DR-Without-This.?
It is more than obvious that you can. Why mislead people with that title. Try E Ticket Info or something like it.

Reactions: Se fue la luz

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Is it not time to change the title of this thread, E-Ticket-Cant-Enter-the-DR-Without-This.?
It is more than obvious that you can. Why mislead people with that title. Try E Ticket Info or something like it.
Yes. See post #52 which I posted on may 22. Lol. Still dancing to the same music.

Reactions: SKY

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Yes I enter DR last month we file an electronic form.

Bar code required at STI.

JJ

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Mods. This thread is going round and round in circles. The E-Ticket is supposed to be mandatory but some people are currently able to enter without having filled it in. That’s it. 14 pages of people saying “It’s mandatory” and someone else saying “ but they are not enforcing it”.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Mods. This thread is going round and round in circles. The E-Ticket is supposed to be mandatory but some people are currently able to enter without having filled it in. That’s it. 14 pages of people saying “It’s mandatory” and someone else saying “ but they are not enforcing it”.
I don't see anyone saying it is mandatory after all the posts from travelers clearly pointing out that it is NOT..................

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
It's not the only thread going around in circles. :ROFLMAO:

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Nothing wrong with this thread. If it ever does become mandatory, it would be nice to know.