Earthquake drill goes wrong in San Pedro de Macoris; emergency drill shows weaknesses that need to be tackled

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Simulacro-Nacional-Consuelo-Acento-e1634818802363.png

At least eight people were injured during the earthquake drill carried out by the authorities in the municipality of Consuelo, San Pedro de Macorís. The incident was attributed to speeding fire truck and National Emergency System 911 ambulance. As reported, the fire truck’s breaks went bad, causing it to collide with the ambulance and a pickup truck.

The injured were taken to the Ángel Ponce public hospital in Consuelo, San Pedro de Macorís province.

Among the injured was the person in charge of the Municipal Police, Miguel Angel Peguero, who suffered severe injuries and was taken to the Antonio Musa public hospital in San Pedro de Macoris. Also four firemen and a motorist were said to be injured.

The accidents occurred on Isidro Barros street, the main access road to Consuelo.

Otherwise, reports are that the earthquake emergency drill went well in...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I saw the video yesterday, the fire truck speeding like that on a two-lane inner city street?? 911 is more of a risk than help if they employ incompetent drivers like that...

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I saw the video yesterday, the fire truck speeding like that on a two-lane inner city street?? 911 is more of a risk than help if they employ incompetent drivers like that...
No doubt.
They'd give the Red Cross ambulance driver's here in Santiago a real run for the money.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Of course it's being said the accident was all due to the failure of the fire truck's brakes, and nothing at all to do with an idiot who couldn't drive it properly. Que sorpresa

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
Wow! Poorly trained employees and poorly maintained vehicles, somethings you'd never expect to see here. I suppose those responsible think those are situations that can't be fixed and therefore must be accepted.