Easter

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hi everyone,

I was discussing Easter cultural food traditions with my husband. I am Portuguese and one thing we bake is Sweet Bread so yummy and it's tastes even better with a cinnamon swirl mmmmmm, I can't wait to have some :)

Is there any special Dominican food prepared at Easter?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
poor - chicken
richer - chicken and turkey
richest - chicken, turkey, roasted pig
:)
i don;t think many people eat fish despite the lent.
in my country we have a thing called "święconka" (google it) a small basket full of food that we take to church on saturday (holy water blessing). it has a piece of sausage, some bread, salt, sheep made of sugar and hard boiled eggs with shells painted. we share that on sunday morning with all the family before eating breakfast.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
poor - chicken
in my country we have a thing called "święconka" (google it) a small basket full of food that we take to church on saturday (holy water blessing). it has a piece of sausage, some bread, salt, sheep made of sugar and hard boiled eggs with shells painted. we share that on sunday morning with all the family before eating breakfast.

Chicken, Turkey and Pig...Wow!

Thats a "TURPIGGIN"

I like this....hollow out a Pig and stuff the Chicken up the Turkey and into the Pig

DR tailgate parties for religious events or baseball games.

Really not a bad Idea when you think about it!

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
poor - chicken

dzisaj bylam u bozy :) haha i mnie opierdolil haha

Last edited:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

Strange you should say that as our workers are not really religious at all but they were determined to have fish for Good Friday. They got the fish freshly caught at Rio San Juan with a little extra we gave them and made me a superb fish meal too. We are not having a whole bbq'd roasted piggy for Sunday but we do have a very large leg of pork to share - am surprised that no-one has requested a bbq'd piggy from bigpalmfinca for the Easter celebrations - see our classified ad.