Ebola, DR Officials on alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The DR survives partly due to over 10 million tourist visits a year.
They don't want people thinking about EBOLA and the DR at the same time,when choosing a tourist destination.
What did the DR do to let tourists know about the epidemic of Chikungunyu here???
NOTHING!
Not even a health advisory at the ports of entry advising the wearing of long sleeves, pants, and the use of "Repellents".
How thoughtful!
"Dinero" before "Salud Publica"!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Of course, this could not happen in the Dominican Republic...

BBC News - Ebola crisis: Protesters attack Liberia quarantine centre

donP

These protesters are insane!

"Other reports suggested the protesters believed Ebola was a hoax and wanted to force the quarantine centre to close."

"A senior police officer said blood-stained mattresses, beddings and medical equipment were taken from the centre.

"This is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in my life", he said."

"He said the looting spree could threaten to spread the virus to the whole of the West Point area.

Described as a slum, there are an estimated 50,000 people in the West Point neighbourhood."

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Of course, this could not happen in the Dominican Republic...

never. people here totally believe what the doctors say. no one could ever have an absurd idea that a well known disease is a fake to cover up, say, a radioactive lead leak in, for example, haina.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
never. people here totally believe what the doctors say. no one could ever have an absurd idea that a well known disease is a fake to cover up, say, a radioactive lead leak in, for example, haina.

But still there are those who believe that the Ebola virus will NEVER infect the DR. This is what
donP is talking about.

Never say never, I always say.

It really does not matter how some may choose to believe HOW it got to the
DR, the point is, it's there and it's there to stay.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the chances are very low. this is nothing to worry about. you can do nothing to stop ebola. why get your kickers in the twist over this? if it arrives it arrives. worry then. so far in nearly 4 decades ebola did not ever spread past the handful of african countries. i hate this unnecessary panic. you have zero influence on the advance of this disease.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
the chances are very low. this is nothing to worry about. you can do nothing to stop ebola. why get your kickers in the twist over this? if it arrives it arrives. worry then. so far in nearly 4 decades ebola did not ever spread past the handful of african countries. i hate this unnecessary panic. you have zero influence on the advance of this disease.

Exactly. So who is getting the kickers in a twist? Must be the DR officials and others who seem
to be concerned. All I'm doing is POSTING the news. Just like you do.

I'm not a reporter or journalist.

We both post what interests us.;)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you are fearmongering. why don't i see you post the news about leptospirosis? why don't you worry about that? cholera? malaria? all are present in DR already, killing people.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
you are fearmongering. why don't i see you post the news about leptospirosis? why don't you worry about that? cholera? malaria? all are present in DR already, killing people.

BS dv8, even though cholera and malaria are present it seems like officials, experts are not
reporting it as such. Instead they are attributing all the deaths to the CHIKV.

And by the way you have caused more fearmongering than anyone else with your constant
posts about deaths of gringos(foreigners). You have the audacity to be pointing fingers.

I see this as taking precautionary measures against a virus Ebola that for some reason has
been spreading more now in Africa than in the past. If officials and experts feel that there
is concern and are urging hospitals, clinics to take precautionary measures, who are you
to say that I'm causing fearmongering just because I choose to post it?

So because YOU do not feel that there is anything to worry about until it gets there(DR) does not
mean others shouldn't be concerned about it and read up on what is going on with this killer
virus.

Last edited:

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Well, posts here are supposed to be DR related and I for one don't see how a serious outbreak of Ebola in Africa is DR related, unless you have an agenda like the Health Ministry guy who claimed there was some kind of link which would make it likely to come from Haiti.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
For your info, if you've read the posts , it says that DR officials and experts are under alert,
simply means that they are supposedly taken precautionary measures. The news is DR related
as it is being reported from the DR and they are urging hospitals to be prepared, just in case.

The US and other countries are also taking precautionary measures.

It is posted for those who are interested. If you are not then simply don't follow it.

When somebody wants to find an excuse for something, someone always has an agenda.:tired:
(which I don't even know what the hell it is.):ermm:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
it is good that they noted that they have absolutely no sort of quarantine facitilities in the hospitals. Not that I think that Ebola is coming.. but one never knows WHAT is coming and there should be some sort of quarantine operation.

Instead, here in the DR, the entire family moves in with the sick person. Sorta the opposite of a quarantine. I guess they have not had much that is person to person contagious?

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
it is good that they noted that they have absolutely no sort of quarantine facitilities in the hospitals. Not that I think that Ebola is coming.. but one never knows WHAT is coming and there should be some sort of quarantine operation.

Instead, here in the DR, the entire family moves in with the sick person. Sorta the opposite of a quarantine. I guess they have not had much that is person to person contagious?

Yes, and now with the ebola virus it has opened up the eyes of officials to see that just in case
not that the ebola is coming to DR but with any other contagious virus it is good to be prepared.

Have an isolation area ready.

Because as you know in the DR there is family unity where if some type of deadly virus or bacteria
were to occur, it could wipe out an entire family.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
This thread was supposed to be ONLY about ebola as it was related to DR - there is a "general" ebola thread in Off Topic. Until such time [God forbid] as there is a reason believe it is in the DR, this thread is closed.

P.S. The other thread is open, feel free to continue your discussions there without the DR restraints. Most of you have access to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.