Edenorte

shak4u

Jun 28, 2010
i don't understand your issue then? all my cats are done, only 2 go out, the third is epileptic (also spayed). what's the fuss here? normal people care enough about their animals to neuter them so "pi**ing" on the property of others is not a problem.

It's obvious you don't live in the DR. If you did, then we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Only skinny cats

The slum I live in now, cats won't even come near.

That can be explained..... :cheeky:
I for one, have never seen cats in a slum barrio.
Only the very skinny ones.... which 'no rinden mucho'.... :rolleyes:

catinpan.jpeg

donP

Disclaimer:
I LOVE cats (more than dogs).

shak4u

Jun 28, 2010
LMAO, dv8 knows a lot more than you about the DR!!

You are the idiot complaining about no power for 17-20 hours a week with NO inverter!

Never needed one with Puerto Plata Electric, until Edenorte cut the lines of PP Elec. 2 years ago and swore that we would have 24/7 electric within a year. So why would I spend almost $1,000 US for an inverter and at least 4 batteries plus installation, when I trusted those liars. It does look like we will have that 24/7, according to all my DR friends that know (I live around the corner from Walter Musa and know him personally, as I bought a car from his Driver, Juan) within the next couple of months.

Never needed one with Puerto Plata Electric, until Edenorte cut the lines of PP Elec. 2 years ago and swore that we would have 24/7 electric within a year. So why would I spend almost $1,000 US for an inverter and at least 4 batteries plus installation, when I trusted those liars. It does look like we will have that 24/7, according to all my DR friends that know (I live around the corner from Walter Musa and know him personally, as I bought a car from his Driver, Juan) within the next couple of months.

Well I hope you do get power, sorry for calling you an idiot. I get defensive of my friends and I don't do well in mornings!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
DR Friends Must Know

...when I trusted those liars. It does look like we will have that 24/7, according to all my DR friends that know (I live around the corner from Walter Musa and know him personally, as I bought a car from his Driver, Juan) within the next couple of months.

And, was Juan's car a good deal? :rolleyes:

donP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

if i were you i would get a minimum backup anyways. even a small inversor with 2 batteries, just to power few lights and a computer. here in POP there are few areas with formerly 24/7 power, that is connected to the A grid and then downgraded due to stealing, non-paying and so on. if not the inversor then maybe few solar panels? i don't trust ladronorte. this is why our backup will not be sold. in addition to all this remember that you are in a country with hurricanes and earthquakes. having backup is simply a wise precaution.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I am not a HUGE Cat Fan, but I have two now, I live in SD, and I actually like the female, as she comes to sit on me wherever I am, which is fun, because my "Chihuahua" is usually already there.
I LOVE dogs, and now that our last litter of 8 have gone to great homes, we only have 4.
Three BIG outside Watch Dogs, and the indoor/outdoor Chihuahua.
We have a high fence, but the Chihuahua can sneak under when she wants too, and one of the dogs can run up the wall and over the fence, both ways!!!!
Something to See!!!!!
One of the things I like best about the DR is you can have animals if you want.
It's "Nice" all year long, and they can be outside.
My cats go where ever they want to.
I bet they like that!
They are "Working Cats" as they keep our house & yard free of rodents, and lots of other "Creatures"!
When the front gate is open, the dogs will run around outside, until they get bored, usually a few minutes, then they come back and just lay around.
For me, I never had a dog, unless I had a big yard, or a cat that didn't get to go out.
People love to "Humanize" their animals, especially,"Cat People".
They like to say it's "better" no to let cats roam free."Better" for who, the CAT???
Ask the cat how he/she feels about THAT!!!!
I am not a "Fan" of Zoo's for the same reason.
Some reason you need Zoo's to preserve endangered species.
I say,"Let a species go extinct"!
Been happening for hundreds of millions of years!
Better to die in your natural habitat,than in a "Cage", no matter how Fancy the cage!
Or "Porch" as in the post above!
"$HIT" is good for your lawn, and, the world's entire Ecosystem is based on "Eating $HIT"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

To paraphrase Michael Douglas,..."$HIT", for Lack Of a Better Word,...Is GOOD"!!!!!!!
Don't $HIT for 5 days, and you WILL Agree!

shak4u

Jun 28, 2010
I am not a HUGE Cat Fan, but I have two now, I live in SD, and I actually like the female, as she comes to sit on me wherever I am, which is fun, because my "Chihuahua" is usually already there.
I LOVE dogs, and now that our last litter of 8 have gone to great homes, we only have 4.
We have a high fence, but the Chihuahua can sneak under when she wants too, and one of the dogs can run up the wall and over the fence, both ways!!!!
Something to See!!!!!
I bet they like that!
They are "Working Cats" as they keep our house & yard free of rodents, and lots of other "Creatures"!
When the front gate is open, the dogs will run around outside, until they get bored, usually a few minutes, then they come back and just lay around.
For me, I never had a dog, unless I had a big yard, or a cat that didn't get to go out.
They like to say it's "better" no to let cats roam free."Better" for who, the CAT???
Better to die in your natural habitat,than in a "Cage", no matter how Fancy the cage!
"****" is good for your lawn!

You need to watch Jackson Galaxy to see what he says about letting cats run outside. Check your TV Listing or look him up on the net. He is better than the dog whisperer. He says letting cats roam is the worst thing you can do. Our other cats before these never roamed outside and all lived to 18 or more years.

shak4u

Jun 28, 2010
Something to See!!!!!
I bet they like that!
"$HIT" is good for your lawn, and, the world's entire Ecosystem is based on "Eating $HIT"!

To paraphrase Michael Douglas,..."$HIT", for Lack Of a Better Word,...Is GOOD"!!!!!!!
Don't $HIT for 5 days, and you WILL Agree!

Also, cats were originally bred to be indoors, not to roam. They were not bred to be wild. You need to get you history straight on house cats.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
@CC, if dog ****e is good for URE lawn, I have bags full!!!!!! :D

I find that when my dogs take a leak on a nice plant, than it dries up and dies........

Thankfully I have started to get "territory ****ing" under control......
And each of he 4 dogs now have their personal prefered "relief" site....... cos 4 dogs ?2 jobees a day =spadefuls of waste....... I should have opted for the chiuaua option, rotties lose 6lb every time........

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have seen "Jackson Galaxy".
He is FROM another galaxy!!
The reason he is called to treat neurotic cats, is because the cats WANT OUT of the cages/houses they are prisoners in!!!!!
If the people who call him would just let their cats "OUT" they would be just FINE!!!
You and I dis agree, that's all.
But,...................................."My Cats Are Happier Than Your Cats"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"dv" inserts "foto of my "Smiling Cat" here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Now let me look up "The origin of House Cats" on "Wackipedia"!!!!!!!!!
NOT!

shak4u

Jun 28, 2010
I have seen "Jackson Galaxy".
He is FROM another galaxy!!
The reason he is called to treat neurotic cats, is because the cats WANT OUT of the cages/houses they are prisoners in!!!!!
If the people who call him would just let their cats "OUT" they would be just FINE!!!
You and I dis agree, that's all.
But,...................................."My Cats Are Happier Than Your Cats"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"dv" inserts "foto of my "Smiling Cat" here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Now let me look up "The origin of House Cats" on "Wackipedia"!!!!!!!!!
NOT!

Apparently you've only watched 1 show. I have seen many, where the cats are left to roam and as soon as he stops that from happening and gives them territory in the house, they calm down. "My cats are Happier than your cats". What does that mean. I have 2 Ferrell cats and they are absolutely loves. The one cat makes designs with her toys every single night. She is 6 years old. I have taken over 50 pictures of these designs (not random throwing her toys out of the basket, but strategically placed in front of the chair I sit in or the kitchen or in front of the bedroom). If you would like to see some of these, send me a private message with your email or ask for mine and I will send it to you and then you can respond with yours so I can send you the attachments. I guarantee you have never seen anything like it. I doubt if your cats give a hoot about you except to lie on your lap or sleep on your bed.