Educate me please!! The little things that don't really matter, but do!!

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Electric shock from fridges are quite normal here for some reason, never had one myself but my lass goes crazy if our daughter puts her head against the fridge door (which she does for some reason). I've always ignored this fear as I don't understand why, but apparently tis true.

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
Electric shock from fridges are quite normal here for some reason, never had one myself but my lass goes crazy if our daughter puts her head against the fridge door (which she does for some reason). I've always ignored this fear as I don't understand why, but apparently tis true.

Well, I'm asking the questions, but I know the answers. This is more of an old Dominican wive's tale of the dangers of drastic temperatures changes to your body; hot steam in your face from the iron and then cold air in your face from the refrigerator.

Kinda like when you were told not cross your eyes because they could stay that way if someone smacked you in the head.

In the case of the iron/refrigerator, who knows what the terrible ramifications might be... jeje

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
In the case of the iron/refrigerator, who knows what the terrible ramifications might be... jeje

death, apparently. i had a gf visiting once, she asked our maid to do some ironing (few dresses) for 10 dollars. but the day was cold and it was raining so our maid said coldly: "i will not risk my life for 10 dollars". you should see my friend's face :)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Ever been Snipe hunting here?
Hasn't everybody?

backofkit.jpg

Snipe_Hunt.png

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
We have a Snipe we caught a while back, growing well, see them quite regularly in the city although very very difficult to catch, usually intelligent creatures but often quite dumb and sleepy if you catch them off guard. We found a good method of stringing them along before closing the gates on them. More fool them, good eating!!