Electric Shower Head Advice Please

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i do not know how can one go without hot water. :)
i set up my living standards prior to coming her: no matter what i gotta have how water for my showers.
so far so good. in our house we have a water heater and we switch it on twice a day for about an hour. water gets really hot and plenty for two. the heater was already here when we bough the house but in the future i would like one of those gas water heaters so that i could use hot water for washing dishes and clothes, most importantly. well, i already can as hot water is connected to the washing machine but it would dry the tank in no time and hike up electricity bill :(
water pump itself is always on and it is connected to the inversor.

most time of the year I would not know for what hot water is needed here.
we get it when turning on the Handles of the shower also the hot one together with the cold one to graduate the wished temp, but as long as i am not on a Flu or coming back badly frozen cold from a overnighter on the water, Not used.
the most Time our hot water get's used is when the long legged Dishwasher named Mrs clean's the Dishes, lol.
our system is without Tinacos, straight from the Cistern (sp??, sorry) to the shower head/dishwasher/beach shower etc, with the Pump on a automatically regulating the pressure switch, the pump kicks in at the moment a water key is opened, and stops the moment the key is closed.
the negative ofthe comfo system with always high poressure everywhere is clear, at the moment the Electricity goes out we would not have a drop of water in the house, not for the Dishes, not for the Shower, not for the Toilet, but luckily in our Area a Blackout is a very rare thingy, and when occuring very shortwhiled, so for an hour or 2 to flush the toilet some water from the Ocean in front of the Door is a acceptable solution.

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i have the same arrangement: cistern and no tinaco, hence the pump is connected to the inversor and always on. of course if the inversor goes so does the water but then i just get some straight from the cistern. with a bucket. then boil.
in four years here i have never had a cold shower. i just like my water hot, even on a hot day.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
To the OP, mountainannie: the simplest solution is to get a new water heater and have a switch installed to operate it. Even with low water pressuer it'll deliver hot water. And you only need power for 5-10 minutes before showering: flick the switch, wait a few minutes, jump in the shower, turn it off.

Water heaters are fairly inexpensive. You won't need one more than maybe 20 gallons max.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Annie: I have been using Lorenzetti shower head water heaters for more than 40 years with outstanding results. Ihave three of them currently working in my house(s).

All you need is a decent electrician to hook them up properly. There is nothing metalic for you to touch and you graduate the heat by the volume of water. They have a little hand held unit which I usually tie off...

Check one out...

HB

I agreed 100% what you state about Lorenzetti electric showers. I will be fifty next years and there it was one of those installed in my house ever since. I don't remember of any issues more than a broken fuse or the shower resistor it self.
Electric equipments improperly installed with not protection are extremely dangerous...:tired:

JJ

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I agreed 100% what you state about Lorenzetti electric showers. I will be fifty next years and there it was one of those installed in my house ever since. I don't remember of any issues more than a broken fuse or the shower resistor it self.
Electric equipments improperly installed with not protection are extremely dangerous...:tired:

JJ
Problem is getting power to the unit and not knowing if her electrical system is grounded.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Problem is getting power to the unit and not knowing if her electrical system is grounded.
the big mistake most people does is when connecting the shower to the bathroom electrical lines as the charge of this devise overhaul in amperes this line and it will start burning the wires isolation.
The way I connect this device is wiring from the line that comes from the meter using wire # 10 and installing one of those old model fuse box (switch de Machete) no more than three feet from the shower, just in case of an emergency.

JJ

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I have a Brazilian model "Corona" in my house for 4 1/2 years that I bought for around RD700. It is grounded.

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
I have a Brazilian model "Corona" in my house for 4 1/2 years that I bought for around RD700. It is grounded.
Corona and Lorenzeti are both from same manufacturer, only a different models.
lorenzeti warms the water a lot more than corona but Corona is esthetically worthy.
El Lorenzeti es mucho mejor y mas funcional pues se le cambia la resistencia y el diafragma que activa el swicht interno de presion por contacto mucho mas facil.
Habla con migo de esto yo tengo la vida entera bregando con esto...

JJ