Electricity theft from my connection

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If A Dominican Is Involved,You Know that "Theft" Is Going to Happen!

My Dominican neighbor did the same thing! My bill was 24,000 pesos! Normally 10 to 12.
I called the electric company,they came,about 4 of them,we took pictures of the connection,the neighbor even yanked down the wires while the electric company was there! THEN,they told me it was MY problem,as he was stealing from ME,not THEM! I was responsible for the entire amount,and I had to TRY and get the neighbor to pay ME!
The neighbor told me that his handyman connected after my meter,and not before my meter,by "Mistake",(It is NEVER a Dominican's Fault!)
He agreed to pay! But,like a true Dominican,he didn't! He said that the bill was,"TOO HIGH"!
This is the guy that I gave water,when he didn't have any.
He WILL PAY,just not the way he thinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devious::devious::devious::laugh:
I wish I could post about the "Problems" he has had since he Phucked with me!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

leenott

Jan 19, 2011
My power also stolen-how to find ??

My power is being stolen by a GRINGO neighbor. My bill for 36 days is over 10,500 pesos !

I have an electrician checking it, but he is expensive too, and it seems he's out to screw as much as he can. I am on a limited income, I have VERY little money in the bank, and this thieving a---hole knows it.
I have been to Edenorte, and they don't give a damn about us gringoes, said there was nothing they could do, and the meter was working fine !! Sure it is !!

There ARE 4 meters, 2 are his, one is for the well, and one is mine. A friend went to check the meters a couple of days ago and saw my meter spinning fast. Went back to the house and turned all the breakers off to check, and when they were turned on one by one, the dial barely moved. Obviously my friend was seen and they pulled off their tap.
HOW and where do they tap in ? Can you see where they tap in ?? I will be going to Edenorte on Tuesday to see about getting it moved inside my property as this is the only real solution, BUT, my NEXT bill will be as big, if not bigger. I am paying for him to build his house. How do I find his connection and get rid of it asap ???
I am in La Mulata 11
ANY advice most welcome.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
He WILL PAY,just not the way he thinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devious::devious::devious::laugh:
I wish I could post about the "Problems" he has had since he Phucked with me!!!

There is a new forum where you can post almost anything--unless you don't want to publicly confess to being the one that has caused him so many problems.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Believe Ken Is Talking About The "Off Topic" Thread

It is the first thread in the GENERAL FORUM section.
I COULD be wrong,but not so far!!!:laugh:

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I am amazed that people here actually believe that when you do good turns to Dominicans that this will be reciprocated ..the simple rule is not to trust or rely on a Dominican..they have entirely different principles .
I am also amazed at the water and power bills being quoted here ,,they are much higher than mine in central Santo Domingo

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
It is the first thread in the GENERAL FORUM section.
I COULD be wrong,but not so far!!!:laugh:

Not this time, either. Yes, I was talking about "Off Topic"

leenott

Jan 19, 2011
He isn't Dominican, he's GERMAN !! He's a developer and has been here for long enough to be infected with the Dominican Screw You disease.
Yes, agree that treating them wellit doesn't register. I haven't been here long, and it is hard to take. I'm going home as soon as I can.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I am also amazed at the water and power bills being quoted here ,,they are much higher than mine in central Santo Domingo

Yeh, it freaked me out about some months ago when people were stating electricity bills, I am sure some are growing illegal plants in the basements here. ALL of EVERYONES bills were about 4 or 5 times what I pay, and we don't save on anything, just run a normal home, but we don't use A/C ever. I think that plays a big part.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
OK so here we go. How do you tell if someone is taping to your line? then is it possible to keep an eye on your line and if you spot it again cut the taped in line. I have seen the wiring there and it looks like a big birds nest so it might be difficult to tell but if you know what you are looking for it might help. And when you are out of town can you turn off the power to your house or apt? I know it can be done when I stayed with a friend there she was constantly looking at her wiring to see if anything funny was going on I just did not ask her to show me what to look 4 other wise I would tell u .

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Here is what I did - go in the house and shut off all the breakers. Now go find the meter and watch it. IF the numbers are increasing someone is tapped in. Fairly simple - now finding them - another problem.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
i agree.

My water bill is 400 pesos a month. My trash bill is 400 pesos a month.

My electric bill is the biggie: 1300 pesos a month!!!! But then again, my house is 6600 sq.ft.
daaaamn! When can the kids and i move in!?!
can you imagine that? $35 dollars a month for electricity?? That's outrageous!!

shalena