Electricity

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
No luz since around 9pm last night in Sabaneta de Yasica, circuito SABY102... Don't know what's the problem. Batteries won't last much longer... Anybody knows what's going on ??

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
No luz since around 9pm last night in Sabaneta de Yasica, circuito SABY102... Don't know what's the problem. Batteries won't last much longer... Anybody knows what's going on ??

Read somewhere that some of the generating plants went offline?

Over the last 24-48 hours, we have had disconnect-connect repeatedly-maybe as many as 30-40 times now in SD. Never seen it like this before. I recommend you have a battery surge protector between all electronics. Can't do much for the refrigerator-fans should be ok. Constant start and stop with electricity will damage your electronics.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
9am. Ede. just came back on and gen. off. So Ede. will carry the household load but not charge the batteries. We do that via solar only. When the batteries are charged up some, our inverter shuts Ede. off completely.

Nice when everything works as it should. ;)

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
You are joking... Right?

They are probably old, buy new ones.

charlise had been on battery for around 10 hours. That is doing very well and those batteries are in good condition IMHO. As well as charlise appears to understand battery Amp Hours related to the batteries and consumption of the energy from those batteries to keep the lights on for an extended time.

As stated above, my very bad batteries (in your opinion?) lasted only 11.75 hours. Dang.

I'm guessing that Fulano is a joker. So. lol :(

I'll also note that with our changing to LED bulbs, I do see a lesser power consumption that my batteries last quite a bit longer. We have lots of security night lighting and all the mainly used indoor bulbs have been changed to the LED.