Emergency 911 Starts Monday May 12th

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
first they have to find you. most streets with no signs houses apt with no numbers. worry about them finding you first before worry about treating you.

US 911 displays the address of the call, this is sent from the phone company's records. here??????

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
If you live here long enough and build a good reputation for yourself you can go to a private clinic or hospital and even be hospitalized and they will not require any proof of payment until after services are rendered. Public hospitals receive anyone.

There are different kinds of "Hospitals". In the Seguro Social hospital you have to pay, at the clinics you have to pay. I have received care at Emergencia at regular public hospitals and have never had to pay. That?s why I?m asking.

DOC1727

Aug 30, 2011
There are different kinds of "Hospitals". In the Seguro Social hospital you have to pay, at the clinics you have to pay. I have received care at Emergencia at regular public hospitals and have never had to pay. That?s why I?m asking.

YES! I have worked at public hospital and people "WALK IN" and they never have to pay.

facelessdoll

Oct 20, 2011
Right! But Criss says that MOST hospitals won?t even treat people if FIRST they don?t show proof of payment.

I know at least in the Punta Cana area, they do stabilize people before transferring them to the public hospital in Higuey, I have been numerous times to Hospiten, for example, and they are working on a motoconcho, or someone seriously injured.

Again, you need to be in a life/death situation for them to actually work on you, and stabilize you.... and then they give you the boot :p

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Good luck there! Lived in SD for 7 Years, now in Santiago. One day I had 4 idiots try to come into my apartment by the front door of my apartment, hit 2 of them real good, one went flying down the stairs (lived on the 4TH floor) other 2 took off, no guns to my surprise. I got the door closed and locked, picked up my phone and dialed the local police station...not one sole spoke English nor understood my Spanish which I know they did (Used basic Spanish) es una emergencia, robada habla usted ingles...ha!! hung up on me, and I called at least 4 times...That was that...

So, I hope this new system works....

According to the promotion they're starting with Santo Domingo first. Conoce el 9-1-1. Nuevo Sistema Nacional de Atenci?n a Emergencias y Seguridad - YouTube

Sent from my GT-I9195L using Tapatalk

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I would NEVER consider a "Public Hospital" as a REAL HOSPITAL.
They are for the "Poorest Of The Poor" Dominicans, and "Haitianos" ONLY!!!!!
No one with any "Pesos" would be caught dead there!
Wait A minute",...Yes the WOULD BE!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I paid our family "ARS Universal" medical insurance just today.
Less than 18,000 pesos, for 3 months, for 6 people.
Why on earth would anyone, "Go Public"??????

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
In February Mr. AE was treated at a public hospital, I watched like a hawk and was very pleased with the sterility of everything, especially since stitches were involved. No charge.

In March, I had to bring Mr. AE to a hospital in Santo Domingo - for the life of me I don't remember the name, but it was on Bolivar [I think], not far from Luperon. He was tested, treated, and paid when he left, not in advance.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I would NEVER consider a "Public Hospital" as a REAL HOSPITAL.
They are for the "Poorest Of The Poor" Dominicans, and "Haitianos" ONLY!!!!!
No one with any "Pesos" would be caught dead there!
Wait A minute",...Yes the WOULD BE!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I paid our family "ARS Universal" medical insurance just today.
Less than 18,000 pesos, for 3 months, for 6 people.
Why on earth would anyone, "Go Public"??????

That isn?t what I asked! You said that people had nowhere to be taken to, because most hospitals won?t even look at you before showing "proof of payment", which is not accurate!

Any of you guys, like it or not, could end up at a public hospital. WHy not give out the correct info?

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Public Hospitals" here have no "Supplies, better take your own!
That's why they all have 10 "Pharmacias" next to them!
If you are trying to convince me, or anyone else with an alternative that a DR Public Hospital is a good choice, "Keep Trying"!
"That Boat Won't Float"!
You can read about THAT in the newspapers everyday.
Last week a poor couple had Quadruplets in a Santiago Public Hospital, they were begging for help to pay the 1,000 pesos a day cost for the babies "IV feeding solution!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"Accuracy" is overrated!
"Generalities" tell the story!

The DR is the only country I ever visited, where they won't release the dead body until the bill is paid!
That's why they stink!

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
"Public Hospitals" here have no "Supplies, better take your own!
That's why they all have 10 "Pharmacias" next to them!
If you are trying to convince me, or anyone else with an alternative that a DR Public Hospital is a good choice, "Keep Trying"!
"That Boat Won't Float"!
You can read about THAT in the newspapers everyday.
Last week a poor couple had Quadruplets in a Santiago Public Hospital, they were begging for help to pay the 1,000 pesos a day cost for the babies "IV feeding solution!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"Accuracy" is overrated!
"Generalities" tell the story!

The DR is the only country I ever visited, where they won't release the dead body until the bill is paid!
That's why they stink!

I asked a very simple question. You didn?t give out accurate info. No reason to overreact!! No need to get into this spinning thing you always do. RELAX!!!

I?m not trying to convince anyone about anything! Chill out!