'encuestas' and 'sondeos'

Jan 5, 2006
... gallup was one of the most accurate last time...

let's wait until sunday night and see what happens.

Who's talking about just "last time"? Gallup has been predicting elections in DR for a lot longer than 4 years! ;)

As you wrote; Sunday should answer all the questions, although the most important one has long been answered. Regardless of who wins, will anything really significant change in DR? I think that we can all agree with a big NO!

Jan 5, 2006
Pichardo, it's nice that Leonel and friends have taken the time to put together all these cute little videos, but there's plenty of audiovisual material on the PLD, if someone chose to waste their time doing the same. Maybe not quite the same as Hipo embarrassing the country with his rants, but quite shameful in scope nonetheless!

El Gato's escapades and Leonel cavorting with major drug traffickers come to mind, just to name two. ;)

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
Everybody who knows the Dominican Republic, lives here and speaks Spanish knows that the PRD will win the election. Just ask around in your Neighborhood! Frozen chicken and salami on election day will do little to change that. Mr. P. will get some long deserved rest...

Last edited:

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
If you take the average of these 15 recent polls, the result could be Danilo Medina 51.09% to Hipolito Mejia 45.8%, if there is any sense whatever to doing that.

We should all know by midnight of Sunday. I understand state of the art technology has been installed for the count.
In addition to choosing a President, many will also be following which poll was most accurate.

DR1 Daily News -- 18 May 2012:
Which poll will win?

This Dominican election has been the subject of a record number of voter opinion polls.

With polls costing on average US$50,000 each, an estimated RD$100 million have been spent by political parties and media groups on polls to tell who will be the next Dominican President. The two leading candidates are Danilo Medina, for the ruling PLD and a coalition of minority parties, and Hipolito Mejia, for the PRD and allies.

The polls rate a third candidate, Guillermo Moreno, with on average 1.2%-4% of the vote.

Here is the list of the final forecasts from several of the leading polling companies regarding the two leading candidate Danilo Medina (DM) and Hipolito Mejia (HM):

Penn Schoen (18-22 April): DM 51%, HM 46%
Gallup (14-18 April): DM 50.6%, HM 44.6%
CID Latinoamericana (30 April-4 May): HM 51%, DM 48%
Greenberg (2-7 May): DM 51%, HM 46%
Benenson Strategy (5-9 May): DM 52%, HM 41%
Sigma Dos (6-12 May): DM 53.7%, HM 43.6%
Campol Group (8-12 May): HM 50%, DM 45%
Alfonso, Cabrera y Asoc (10-12 May), DM 53.6%, HM 43.3%
Hamilton Campaigns (10-13 May): DM 52%, HM 43%
Centro Economico del Cibao (11-13 May): HM 50.4%, 47% DM
Newlink (12-14 May): DM 52.1%, HM 45.5%
Zogby Analytics (12-14 May): HM 50%, DM 45%
Insight (11-14 May): DM 54.7%, HM 43.1%
Bendixen & Amandi (13-16 May): HM 52%, DM 45%
Asisa (14-15 May): DM 53.3%, HM 44.7%

Last edited:

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
If Gallup and/or Penn & Schoen are right on the money then we can expect either a second round or many issues with PRD claiming fraud. It's going to be very close IMO.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
6884552745_2e26dba691.jpg

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Whoever wants to join me for the celebration of Hipolito Mejia victory just drop me an PM, we have the freezers packed of Presidentes bien frias...

Can't wait for the next plane.

Alla nos vemos, me voy en AA agua alante y agua atras!

JJ

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Alla nos vemos, me voy en AA agua alante y agua atras!

JJ

si Hipolito gana asi tendran que irse muchos.

I'm going next Friday and just hoping that by then someone has accepted their loss and everything is quiet.

TheHoagster

Jun 15, 2008
I guess his conscious caught up with him.

[video=youtube;Pb4Tt3VE5MI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Pb4Tt3VE5MI[/video]

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
An argument for voting for a third option:
Que ma?ana unos pocos dominicanos votemos por un tercer candidato. Pocos, pero suficientes para forzar una segunda vuelta. Pocos, pero culpables de 30 d?as m?s de bullicio y chabacaner?a. Pocos pero capaces de decirle al ganador de la segunda vuelta que su legitimidad comprada a las masas depauperadas e ignorantes es cuestionada por suficientes dominicanos como para haberlos forzado a que se elijan entre ellos.

?Y entonces que? Se habr? sembrado la semilla de la destrucci?n de la partidocracia. Se habr? dicho que cuatro a?os m?s de desfalco del erario hace su modelo m?s d?bil. Que existe otra versi?n, y que pocos, pero suficientes, est?n dispuestos a perseguirla.

Federico A. Martinez
LOS QUE QUEREMOS LA DECENCIA SOMOS MAS
[bolding mine]
Tomando en cuenta: mal?sima idea

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
...and I was right in what I told Bochinche. It's a numbers game and there's no way The PRD can pull a win without winning or being very close in Santo Domingo when it represents such a big chunk of total votes. Had they done better in Santo Domingo they would have at least forced a run-off, but unfortunately for them the more educated the population the least they're inclined to vote for "El Burro".

Jan 5, 2006
There were several things that hurt the PRD enough to cost them significant votes. Among them; HM and MVM not being able to settle their differences and bring everyone in-line, and the inability of HM's campaign managers to reign him in and keep him from being himself in the mid to latter part of the campaign.

In the end, the 3 reputable polling companies (PS&B, Greenburg, and Gallup) proved once again what their methods for predicting electoral outcomes in DR work, and as such, their reputations remain uncompromised for future elections.