End of Life: The Shot

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I've never heard of this; and hey, my grandma was a campo lady. Matilda, have you heard about "THE shot" from other sources, or is this the only case you know about?

I have personally witnessed 3 cases and have heard about several more.

Matilda

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Not all Dominicans know of it - especially the strong Catholics who wait for God to do his will. I have seen it with my own eyes in Esperanza, and two cases in my campo here. In all case the family came in from New York and did not want to hang around for weeks. Also used in the poor barrios in Santo Domingo like Los Alcarrizos.From what I understand comes in three parts, one to relax, one to go to sleep and one to stop the heart.

Matilda

I know people in los Alcarrizos, and they haven't heard from it.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I know people in los Alcarrizos, and they haven't heard from it.

And I know people in Los Alcarrizos and they have all heard of it! Maybe just depends. Is especially prevalent among the poor and those with children overseas.

Matilda

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
And I know people in Los Alcarrizos and they have all heard of it! Maybe just depends. Is especially prevalent among the poor and those with children overseas.

Matilda
I See. So people who live abroad know about it too.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
So, it's so well known and common that people just call it "LA inyeccion"?

It is well known and common among the people who have used it or know people who do. I had never heard of it until I came across it in Esperanza and then it was used twice in the campo where I live now. My husband knew of it, and knew of its use in Los Alcarrizos. Here where I live now they call it La inyeccion but no idea if it has other names elsewhere.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
La nata would seem like a good candidate for a fast way out....... but its illegal now, or so i have heard.